• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Some of Your Favorite Nicknames for Pokemon and What Pokemon Are They?

I have the habit of nicknaming all my pokemon I find it a very fun part of the game. Here are just a few and I'd like to hear some other people's too. What do you call your pokemon?

Chikorita=Plantapus
Growlithe=LT. Licks
Jigglypuff=Jigglytron
Mareep=Macreep
Kabuto=Kaboom!
Abra=Magic Man
Butterfree=Butternubs
Spinarak=Mantrala
Sudowoodo=Battletree

These are just some of the better ones I've come up with :)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Umbreon - Slagros
Squirtle - Tahu

I also like to call my icecream poop whatever pokemon icecreampoop.

And, "IceKing>=(" for a male Lapras.
And Lt. Barks for Growlithe.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I never give any of my Pokemon nicknames, it's on a rare occasion that I would ever do such a thing. The only nicknames that I ever recall are probably the following:

Litwick = Sydney
I nicknamed this Pokemon "Sydney" because it was requested by another user, PK Flash. Sydney is my real name, and he wanted to have a Pokemon named after me. :)

Chimchar = Chimmy
I had to name my partner Pokemon in Explorers of Time something, so Chimmy came to mind. That nickname quickly became stupid once he evolved into an Infernape...

Cinccino = Cappuccino
The name rhymed, what can I say? To be honest, I just wanted one of the medals in White 2 .

That's about it. :sweat:

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Scizor = Ichigo
Chandelure = Great Poe
Scolipede = Molgera
Arcanine = Zuko
Hydreigon = Orochi
Galvantula = Scervo
Seviper = Severus (the name of my pet corn snake)
Darkrai = DarkKnight
Arceus = God
Regigigas = HandOfGod
Pikachu = The Cheat
Muk = The Plague
Dragonite = Trogdor
Cradily = Cthuludog
Lunatone = Armstrong (no story behind this one, Neil's just one of my role models)
Gyarados = Leviathan

M

MrdrsGyrds

I always name my Gyarados Murderous, if it isn't obvious already read my name.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I never give my Pokemon nicknames because I'm lazy and lack creativity. But once I named my character "Game" and my first Pokemon "Grump" :P

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah I also lacked creativity as a kid I usually named my main Pokemon Champion or something lame like that.....

I don't really nickname Pokémon, not because I'm not creative it's because I can't be bothered half the time and I sometimes prefer keeping the original names. However there is a Pokémon I have Nicknamed requested by a friend:

Serperior = Xemnas.

I hope you can see the connection (If you are a Kingdom Hearts Fan). And just for a joke because I got an egg from the very same Serperior, I decided to call the newborn Xemnas Jr. My friend was shocked and horrified when I revealed it, but he still loved the name.

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
Typhlosion: Zuko (from Avatar)
Lapras: Katara (same)
Flygon: Bolin (from Korra)
Empoleon: Nautilus (a famous submarine)
Golem: Tektite (Zelda enemy of course)
Luxray: Tonner (from the French word for thunder)
Emboar: Darmani (Zelda MM)
Snorlax: Geoffrey (I dunno xD)
Slowbro: Bruno (I still dunno xDD)
Espeon: Hikari (Japanese for light or something along those lines, also Japanese name for Dawn in the anime)

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Usually I'll give my Pokemon somewhat clever names, or I think so anyways...wouldn't say it's often I give nicknames though.

Straight to the point whenever I had a Piplup I would name it Bonechill, and eventually it would grow into a powerful Empoleon who would know Ice Beam as a defensive move to counter Ground types and stuff. Yep, always liked the name Bonechill for the Sinnoh Water Starter.

bunny

birb overlord
I usually name my Pokemon after anime characters. I think I only have two nicknames I like, though. As you can see on my avatar, I love Naru Pikas. As a result, I ran around the Sinnoh region until I found a male Pikachu that I could name Naruto. It always feels like the Pokemon I'm looking for are the hardest to find. :I Anyway, my other favorite Pokemon nickname would be Itachi. I always name my Umbreon Itachi. I just feel like they go together. Plus, Itachi is my favorite anime character, and Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon. It works in more way than one. =D

On my Emerald playthrough, I had a Blissey nicknamed SnuggleTits.

SnuggleTits owned the Elite Four.

(Also, I had the Litwick nicknamed Sydney, but that's another story.)

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I have no creativity whatsoever. I'll end up naming a pokemon after whatever fandom I'm a part of. Piplup always gets named after one of the penguins from Penguins of Madagascar. And I'll never evolve it. Skipper/Kowalski/Rico/Private will still be pretty tough despite remaining a Piplup and not becoming an Empoleon.

In the Unova games I'll always name Tepig Blaze. Why? I have no idea. Blaze just suits it. And Lillipup will get named Toto. For obvious reasons.

My most random moment though, was when I named a Minccino Pimp. I kept all his various slap attacks too.

I never really nickname my Pokemon at all. I like the names that Game Freak gave each and every pokemon (Even You Wormadam/Burmy <3).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom