• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS What Are Some of Your Favorite Glitches and Secrets

O

oscarillin

Well i noticed somewhat of an interesting glitch in ocarina of time. this glitch happens when u defeat a big poe. after u beat it the big poe leaves it's soul and well if u put epona close enough to the poe soul u run up to the poe soul and when u touch it u press a to mount on epona and link and epona wnt move. u can still fire the bow but it sorta just goes into space and u can still access the items, maps, and gear screen.
(to undo the glitch just save the game and quit and when u come back u will be at the temple of time like normal)

Another secret i found isnt that big of a deal and is quite obvious but u can unfreeze king zora and get a free zora tunic from him. to do this u simply buy blue flames from the shop in kakariko (how ever u spell it) and use it on him.

well when i came to think of it the zoras tunic isnt all that free since u have to pay 300 rupees to get the blue fire. LOL :)

Catch Ganondoft secret. Besides his sword, Link can also use an empty bottle or even the Megaton Hammer to knock Ganondorf's energy attacks back at him. The Megaton Hammer will also make a floor tile it hits fall away, just as Ganondorf can do when he punches the ground. I foudn this when messing about on the boss battle

MW7

Another secret i found isnt that big of a deal and is quite obvious but u can unfreeze king zora and get a free zora tunic from him. to do this u simply buy blue flames from the shop in kakariko (how ever u spell it) and use it on him.

well when i came to think of it the zoras tunic isnt all that free since u have to pay 300 rupees to get the blue fire. LOL :)

You could bring a bottle of blue fire with you from the ice cavern, and then the tunic is free. My favorite secret that I've found is how to skip getting the goron's tunic and bolero of fire. You need the longshot and the scarecrow's song. You enter Death Mountain at the top (next to where the Great Fairy is), turn right to walk across a bridge, look down into the lava to find a solid platform surrounded by lava, and jump down to the platform. Then you play the scarecrow's song and longshot to the scarecrow (you might have to do this twice- I forget how many platforms in the lava there are) to proceed to the Fire Temple. Because you don't have the Goron Tunic, the Fire Temple is much harder, and I suggest having lots of heart containers and bringing as many fairies as you can. I'm almost 100% certain that it's impossible to skip the Goron's Tunic in the Fire Temple while simultaneously doing a minimalist run (meaning 3 hearts and one bottle).

There were a couple of things that were possible in the N64 version of the game that were removed in OOT 3d (I'm fairly certain because I tried; it's possible that I just didn't do them right). I guess I'd classify them as minor glitches/tricks. One was in the Haunted Wasteland. If you walk backwards across the river of sand you won't sink (has to be on the far left side iirc). In the Water Temple you could jump to the highest water raising point (left of the entrance) from the center column and somehow reach it even though it looks like you shouldn't be able to.

Last edited:
F

flameblade97

probable my favorite place to get a heart container is when in kakaroki village if you side jump off of the tower as a kid to the left you can get a piece of heart from the dude in the roof :P

C

CARLHENRY89

I did the sidequest of putting the cucoos back in the pen in kakariko earlier and got the bottle and now I have gone back and they are all free and it needs doing again. But I still have the bottle. Has this happened to anyone else?
Im going to do it again soon, see if I get another bottle. Doubt it though.

MW7

I did the sidequest of putting the cucoos back in the pen in kakariko earlier and got the bottle and now I have gone back and they are all free and it needs doing again. But I still have the bottle. Has this happened to anyone else?
Im going to do it again soon, see if I get another bottle. Doubt it though.

I'm pretty sure that just gives you 50 rupees if you do it again. It resetting is supposed to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom