• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are some of your combat habits?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm not that great with dodging or blocking, so I tend to prioritize offense. Charge in fast and hard, usually with jumpslashes, and get them before they get you. If in a 3d game an enemy has a shield I love circling them in whatever direction their sword hand isn't in and wait for them to strike. It's almost like a dance, which is really fun. If an enemy in a 2d game has a shield, I spam them a lot and die because I suck at navigating 2d games. And since I like fast attacks I tend to prefer spears in botw (and most fighting games for that matter).

A lot of circling and moving around. And it's not just a Zelda thing, I do it in almost every game, even in real life when I was kid. I just stay in constant motion and never keep my feet planted for more than half a second. A terrible strategy in the 2d games, which is why I'm usually terrible at them.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm not that great with dodging or blocking, so I tend to prioritize offense. Charge in fast and hard, usually with jumpslashes, and get them before they get you. If in a 3d game an enemy has a shield I love circling them in whatever direction their sword hand isn't in and wait for them to strike. It's almost like a dance, which is really fun. If an enemy in a 2d game has a shield, I spam them a lot and die because I suck at navigating 2d games. And since I like fast attacks I tend to prefer spears in botw (and most fighting games for that matter).
A lot of circling and moving around. And it's not just a Zelda thing, I do it in almost every game, even in real life when I was kid. I just stay in constant motion and never keep my feet planted for more than half a second. A terrible strategy in the 2d games, which is why I'm usually terrible at them.
Yeah I agree with both of these, especially DJ because I'm very mobile, combat is a dance so the 2D games I'm constantly leaving my side open

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
depends fully on the game
wind waker I'm a cringe optimizer so I jumpspin everything to death
oot's combat is the most in-depth and requires the widest variety for me
botw is bow spam headshots or use the master sword while it's up. Melee combat is trash and not worth anyone's time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom