• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
A situation going on at the forum for the con I'm going to this year. Entry tickets sold out for one of the days and now some people are no longer able to go. While I understand and agree with the argument that you need to book entry before you book other things, I just think it's a sad situation that people who were looking forward to going not only will not get to go, but they'll also be out of money they might have already used towards travel and lodgings. There is no need to butt in and tell these people how much this is their own fault - I think most of them already know it and saying these things is only rubbing salt in the wound. They really should leave it up to the people in question and the organizer to deal with this.

In general I hate it when people see or hear about someone's bad luck and more or less go "sucks to be you". Either offer your sympaties or suggest solutions - if people can't do that they really ought to shut up...

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
One of the people in charge of a different site I visit got on to ke for what I posted in the comment section, while conveniently ignoring that other people were and have said similar things. I mean I could let it slide but every time I post anything this one person replies back in the most conceded and know it all ways that just drives me up the wall.

That and I did my usual venting session where I complain about the people who want to change Link into a girl or whatever untill someone bites and I get into an argument.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Don't be so white then, sheesh.
3acede8a2d1838622a95a66c58c240734b9fa024dd4fdbbe93ffc915e188beff.jpg

IT service desk people for my company. I hate calling them. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, and I'm sure a lot of people at the company call them with really stupid and basic IT issues, but some of the service desk agents are, kindly put, dull. I know they're probably going off a script, but... think critically for two seconds about whether you can skip some of the questions.

My computer freaked out and had problems with the DNS. The company IT guy asked multiple times if I can share my screen over our instant messaging service so he can troubleshoot. I don't have internet access to share my screen with you online?? He also kept asking me to check my phone to see if the internet was working on it, that maybe it was a router issue... I'm in an office with at least a hundred other people who are using the internet just fine. It's clearly my computer, not the router, and no, I can't reset the entire office building's router. Even after I told him why, he'd just ask again, like he was stuck and couldn't go on until he'd checked that troubleshooting method off.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
figuring out which patch from windows update is causing the whole process to auto-revert and restart three times is my favorite thing.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Ness's Nightmare

Seriously, the worst boss in the history of games.

First, you get sent to Magicant without warning. For a player like me, that has never played EarthBound before, and is playing blind, without any sort of player's guide or walk-through, that's extremely unfair of the game to do this. I usually let Jeff or Poo carry my best equipment, and I was left with nothing good for Ness to tackle Magicant, the Sea of Eden, and especially Ness's Nightmare alone.

Second, the enemies in Magicant are awful. Especially the Dice. They dodge everything, and they call the worst possible enemies. The whole ordeal of getting from Magicant to the Sea of Eden was a pain in the arse. And again, because the game absolutely gave you no warning, you can't be prepared for that.

Finally, Ness's Nightmare itself. What an absolutely cheap and unfair boss fight. By far the most cheap and unfair boss fight in any game I've ever played. It's the least amount of fun I've ever had with this game. First, that ridiculous PSI Shield. Seriously, no matter how many times you attack it, it won't go away. Second, it does PK Rockin' every turn, and it's devastating. Third, Life Up β FTL. When it's not doing PK Rockin', it's doing Life Up, and recovering ~400 HP. Absolute crap.

Took me 7 tries, and I used up 3 Bags of Dragonite. Three. Thankfully, I had stored some with the Escargo Express for the final boss, and so I was able to get them from Tracy. Of course, now I only have one left (Paula had it, and of course, I wasn't able to bring it with me to Magicant).

And seriously, the enemies in Magicant aren't good to grind on, because they're unfair themselves. That whole sequence is crap. I got by Magicant without fighting, through a lot of effort, and I only had to fight one Kraken, by being extra sneaky, but seriously the whole thing made me mad. /end rant

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom