• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Fig

The Altruist
Okay, well let's see.
First I had to MANUALLY thread the bobbin into the sewing machine. That required me to crane my neck at an awkward angle and get on the floor to look at the sewing machine from the correct angle.
While I was doing that, my dad had the nerve to blame me for the upstairs looking the way it does. Umm, excuse me. The only thing in the hallway that is my fault is my gym bag from inside my truck. Everything else is ****ing Christmas decorations that never got completely put away. That was not my fault at all. Actually, I'm pretty sure HE was the one who did that.
Well, once I finally got the gd bobbin threaded, I tried sewing a hem on a random piece of fabric. The freaking thread got wrapped around the plate and everything got stuck. I tried cutting everything out, but it wouldn't come off. So, now there's a chunk of suede fabric sewn into the sewing machine. Every single time I go to use the sewing machine, it's ****ing broken. I told my mom we need a new sewing machine. (She uses it as well.) She said that I was going to have to earn it. Okay. Don't ***** about not being able to sew your damn curtains because the freaking sewing machine is broken!
After rage quitting with the sewing machine, I sat down and realized that my already way too tight neck and shoulder muscles had tightened up even more. Great. Because you know, I'm not already in a lot of pain everyday or anything.
When my mom was getting ready to leave, her and my dad started complaining about how the kitchen is a mess and how I apparently never do anything even though I'm the one that always gets stuck cleaning up their messes. Well, my dad said it was ridiculous and told me something else (I can't remember right now.). He kept going on and on about it and it was getting annoying. He always dwells on every negative thing that I do or don't do. Well, that got my mom to start dwelling on it and adding on to the pressure. When I asked them to stop dwelling on it, even though they had already noticed that I was getting upset, my dad snapped at me. He said something along the lines of "I'll show you dwelling." and something else that I can't really remember. Well, I walked out of the room and cried. And they wonder why I can't wait to move out of the house.
So, I haven't spoke to my dad since that. I've been in kind of a bad mood all day. My neck and shoulders hurt like hell.

((Sorry about the rant and swearing.))

I know exactly how you are feeling right now sis. I am sorta going through that right now with my family right now. It seems that no matter what I do, they only like to point out the mistakes or errors that I did. I know I'm not perfect and I don't care because no one is perfect, so I don't know why they must feel like they are or think they are. I now realized within the course of a single, I have rarely speak with them even on a daily basis. I'm very certain that I won't be talking to them in the summer because I will be taking summer classes and Smash 4 will be out as well so I will have a reason to confront them. The more days that pass, the more I'm happy that I chose the engineering program as once I finish my sophomore year, I will be transferring out to College Station and thus don't have to see my family until Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring break, and Summer vacation (assuming I even want to visit them).

Speaking of academics, I really dislike how my mother wants me to change degrees just so I can have a job at my hometown (also this is directed towards my mother so don't worry about it). First off, this is MY degree, MY career that I'm studying, and MY life when it comes to what I want to do for my future. Just because you want it for me, doesn't mean that is what I want out of life. All you are suppose to do is support what my field choice I decided on. In continuation, why would you think that I would want to be a teacher out of all careers? You even said so yourself, I'm not good at explain things, so what makes you think it would be different with 100-120 students per day? Just because you are a teacher, doesn't mean I want to be a teacher.

Another thing that I dislike about my mom is that is when she says that something is going to happen if I don't do something and when it happens, she goes into a "I told you so. I was right. That's what you get" mindset. I hate it because she thinks she is the greatest person for doing that. You don't see me doing that whenever she loses her cool because something that she didn't have in her control went a muck. I always try to assist her in relaxing or letting her know that things will be ok in the end, but whenever I'm down, she go praises it like there's no tomorrow. Just more year and I don't have to worry about this ever again.

Somebody ****ing stole the mustache magnet I had bought earlier, I put it on my car and just a few minutes ago saw that it was gone, I was expecting it to at least last a week but noooooo. ;0; I hate how much people suck, this is ****ing bull****.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
It just annoys me when someone will try to start a conversation with me on Skype and I'm not even on my computer! There's online and offline for a reason!

Around half and hour ago we ran out of chicken strips where I work, and due to the fact that I'm an assistant manager I had to drive to another one of our stores and get a box of strips from them...that's a ****ing 40 minute drive and that **** was kind of heavy, it's a damn good thing I'm pretty strong. I thought it was a good waste of time honestly, but whatever, for awhile now I've considered a lot of the stuff I have to do on the job as being a waste of time.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
iTunes downloads have been completely down for people using my ISP for the last few hours. The first time in a while I've tried buying something too.

Also, I have a sore throat. I think I'm getting sick :/

Japas

Indigo-Go's Bassist
  • I want to take a nap but I know I should stay awake.
  • Recently I've been slightly irritated at the fact that my feet turn in (they always have though)
  • People at school were bullying my friend and they called her a "snitch" for telling the teacher. Because bullying people is so totally cool #sarcasm
  • Some kid said "yo we got some snitches in this school" when I kept telling him to pick up a water bottle and the teacher noticed so he told him to pick it up. Yes, it seems stupid. But after he said it I was like "It's not called being a snitch it's called taking responsibility for your actions" and this one kid was like "Is it?" and the kid who called me a snitch said "I don't give a ****". (And I'm basically thinking "Yeah, you don't give a **** and that's why you were almost a father)
  • I was in the process of falling asleep during my class so I kept having to conciously think "STAY AWAKE"
  • I hate school

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
This picture in response to a cyber bullying related post soon Facebook.

10256887_612907452131992_5900841319463811371_n.jpg
Um... Turning off the computer doesn't turn off the internet. People will still be harassing you and saying rude thing about you and you know that's happening so you feel paranoid and heavy. Also, cyber bullying can transfer into real life and vice versa.

That's like saying bullying in real life is stupid and pointless because you can just walk away.

(this isn't necessarily "what annoyed me today;" more like "what annoys me, in general" but...)

My phone's keyboard has a key for a character that its encoding does not support. Like... why is there an ellipsis button if it's just going to display as a broken unicode box? grgddgfrgrdb

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Come back to some games today after not playing them the past week, and now I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

Fig

The Altruist
What really is annoying me is all of this homework that I was just assigned today, on the day right before I have my Calculus II finals. I think I am going to have to pull an all-nighter tonight which shouldn't be hard to pull off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom