• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
So, I'm at work, and I'm put on register last minute on account of how busy it is (pre-Easter rush, after all). The first person I get is a woman buying about 4 things, which isn't a big deal. What IS a big deal is that this woman wanted $60 cash back. I JUST got out there, so I only have about $75 in my till (which may not seem like much, but keep in mind, I work in a Dollar Store). At first, I say "Well, the only cash back options we have are $10, $20, and $50". And she gives me this attitude, like a sneer and a "seriously?" I just nod and my manager, who is at the register in front of me, confirms my statement.

She sighs in frustration and says "whatever, take one off. I'm gonna do a seperate transaction". I do an item void (which I am NOT supposed to do, but I just want this to be done at this point) and she gets the initial $50 cash back. I have to pay her in 5s and 1s. As soon as I start counting out the 5s, she goes "Ugh, really?" And I just say "Yep, its all I have in my till". Then she gets the 10 other dollars from the next transaction, and I actually have to pay her the last dollar in quarters. I literally ran out of bills. And when I do this, she gives me more attitude, saying "Isn't that what tills are for, to have money?"

What I wanted to say: "Listen here, b*tch. First of all, don't pretend you know what's going on here when you obviously f*cking don't. Secondly, its not my fault that YOU wanted to get 60 dollars out of a f*cking cash register rather than drive your lazy *ss to the closest bank and get it in whatever the f*ck you wanted in. You aren't entitled to this. Grow the f*ck up and get the f*ck out of my store".

What I really said: "Yeah, seriously. Have a good day."

And I continued to check out customers like nothing happened, although my till was barren and I had no way of giving out change. But a nice man that was next in line made me feel a bit better, saying "Jeez...I know how it is, I managed a place for [enter amount of time here]. You handled that really well. I mean, really well. Here, I think I have exact change here..." From there the day went ok, but I didn't make the store look as good as I usually do (I'm the guy who has to pick everything up and make it look nice and clean every night).

So that was something. I really can't wait until I quit this place. If its not infuriating customers its idiotic corporate management. I'm done with this place. >_<

Stitch

AKA Patrick
When people have a conversation in the chat box and then delete their part of it. If you really didn't want somebody to see what you said, why didn't you just have that conversation by PM? And now half of a conversation is on there, I'm sure who you were hiding it from could figure out what you were saying. Idk, I just don't get people.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Too many fights with people who are important to me.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
When people comment on what other people are doing. Like seriously? What does it have to do with you? If it isn't messing with you in any way, shape, or form, get the hell over it! It's not your right to be telling other people what to do with their life.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Nothing! I just got to relax all day. Is it ok to post this sort of thing? Thought I'd bring a bit of up beat to a somewhat downtrodden thread

Stitch

AKA Patrick
People who post upbeat things on a downtrodden thread;)

...seriously though, there was some serious chatbox lag earlier today.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Ok, I do have something. My jerk neighbor who plays his music ridiculously loud once a week has bumped it up to twice a week. It's not even good music. "Proud to be an American" and all that sort of crap.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
No AC during the first weeks of summer since my mother dear is too cheap to turn on the AC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom