• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

What is even the discussion that that religion thread is supposedly invoking? The OP is just calling Christians a bunch of evil hypocrites led by an evil God. There's no discussion topic. At best it'll result in a series of lengthy 'nuh-uh's and 'yeah-huh's and will leave all parties involved irritated.

It's just as bad to shove your non-religious beliefs down our throats as it is your religious beliefs. This is coming from an atheist.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
That the world comes to an end because I didn't get up at 7:30 AM this morning to take a damn shower and that I was sick today. :dry: Seriously, I'm 18 years old. I can take care of myself.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Mother Nature forcing me to yield the right-of-way to skunks crossing the road.

And this annoys me, since when is posting a thread on a discussion forum (something you are free to ignore and not read) shoving beliefs down someone's throat?

Since there's been an astronomical deluge of rehashed "variations" of the same topic going on for months; it's not just one topic, but an entire horde of them. Contesting someone's beliefs is exactly the same as negatively throwing your [generally speaking] perception of their belief right back at someone, especially in a repeated manner.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
My crush. He'll do things that make me think that he likes me. (Like bring up a thing I said the other day, and argue about how awesome it is against his friend) Then he'll totally ignore me other days.

Mother Nature forcing me to yield the right-of-way to skunks crossing the road.

Since there's been an astronomical deluge of rehashed "variations" of the same topic going on for months; it's not just one topic, but an entire horde of them. Contesting someone's beliefs is exactly the same as negatively throwing your [generally speaking] perception of their belief right back at someone, especially in a repeated manner.

Frankly, if someone can't handle their beliefs being questioned, then they shouldn't be in the MD. Period.

Besides, no one will ever grow if they can't handle their beliefs being questioned, mine have been and I am the better for it.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
The fact that this thread went from a venting thread to a thread where people bash on each other. Seriously. If you're gonna bash on someone, keep it off the site.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
People are so hypocritical. THEN, they call other people hypocritical. Like seriously? You don't have any room to judge other people so just shut up!

Fig

The Altruist
Today was just a slow and pestering day. I was informed earlier in the day that apparently my depression is found to be "trollish" to others. Do you really think that I would pretend to be depressed just to screw with other people's emotions are simply get attention. Clearly that is not my intention but as in most cases someone says something and others hop with that belief. It really urks me that now my sadness is now being shown is such a gruesome light as it has never been my intentions to troll others. Although I do have to say that I am sorry for always putting up my sadness in earlier times as I didn't know how to handle these situations. As you may or may not tell, I have severely changed my outlook on depression as I know I always try to find high hopes in any situation that I come across in. Though I personally try not to be depressed, I try to assist others with theirs because I want to let them know that I will always be there for them. It really annoys me that some people have the decency to consider a person's depression or depression in general as "annoying". You got to understand, not everyone goes through the same level of depression. Let me ask you this question: If you meet up with your suicidal friend, who has never told you about their problem and kept it to themselves but somehow they finally decide to go to you because he/she believes that you are the biggest hope/support they know, would you just blow it off and say that is merely a phase that they are going through? Absolutely not. Heck, I went to a suicidal/depression devoted event where the counselors informed us students how to handle someone who is depressed or suicidal or both. They insisted on informing that you don't joke about what they have to say because that just hurts them even more because now they think that their own hope that they had left was in you and when you didn't pay much attention to it, you might as well should have never said anything.

Going back to topic, it really sparks up a fuse in myself that my depression has been classified as "annoying" to others. I really hope that others who are going through depression do not hear that about their's as I was told about mine. Keep in mind, you don't know what's happening behind the screen so even as something as small as this could easily hurt them in the long run. This thought was in my mind for at least a week now and I personally believe that it has to be said. For anyone who's depressed right now, let me just tell you this: I may not able to fully understand your situations, but as long as you are willing to speak to me, I will always listen with both ears for I don't want to see you go down the path that I have once gone through, and was a dangerous and life-threatening path that I had went through. I'm glad that I'm out of that state, but I'm very certain that others are not as blessed as I am. I'm always here to listen to your problems because I want to see you guys shine brighter than the sun in your personal lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom