• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Fig

The Altruist
Gah! Why did I inherited my grandfather's eyes? My vision is not the problem here, it is in fact my eyelashes. My eyelashes ate probably some of the longest that one might see in their lives. Now I'm not into glamour and whatnot but apparently ladies like to emphasis their eyelashes. While I don't mind if you guys do this or not, I'm just rather worried about those that do. Aren't you worried that they might poke your eyes. That's what mine do all the time. I have pluck a good 3-5 lashes every week and the worst part about it is that in a week they come back, sometimes longer than before! :sweat:

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Gah! Why did I inherited my grandfather's eyes? My vision is not the problem here, it is in fact my eyelashes. My eyelashes ate probably some of the longest that one might see in their lives. Now I'm not into glamour and whatnot but apparently ladies like to emphasis their eyelashes. While I don't mind if you guys do this or not, I'm just rather worried about those that do. Aren't you worried that they might poke your eyes. That's what mine do all the time. I have pluck a good 3-5 lashes every week and the worst part about it is that in a week they come back, sometimes longer than before! :sweat:

Highlighting your eyelashes don't actually make them longer, Fig. So yeah, people who use masscara aren't really all that worried. But that does sound annoying. I mean I have long eyelashes, but they don't poke my eyes.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
1970702_308848712601273_225475199_n.jpg

Every goddamn week this image shows up on Facebook. Competitive players (such as myself) mention that we play casually in the storyline but do intensive training for competitive modes and hot damn is there the biggest ****ing ****storm ever. Then genwunners invariably whine about the fact that IVs and EVs exist, but seem to forget that they existed in Gen one! Then people complain that they "tried" the training but still lost. There are usually 2 reasons:

1. Training was done wrong
  2. Their strategy was just garbage

But no, us competitive players are "ruining the spirit of the game!" according to that crowd. Simple solution. If you don't like that, don't do online battles, and if you do, don't get shocked when you get annihilated. You wouldn't blame a chess grandmaster if you didn't know how to play.

Blue Canary

Every goddamn week this image shows up on Facebook. Competitive players (such as myself) mention that we play casually in the storyline but do intensive training for competitive modes and hot damn is there the biggest ****ing ****storm ever. Then genwunners invariably whine about the fact that IVs and EVs exist, but seem to forget that they existed in Gen one! Then people complain that they "tried" the training but still lost. There are usually 2 reasons:

But no, us competitive players are "ruining the spirit of the game!" according to that crowd. Simple solution. If you don't like that, don't do online battles, and if you do, don't get shocked when you get annihilated. You wouldn't blame a chess grandmaster if you didn't know how to play.

I agree with most of this except the online battle thing. That is the only fun thing I have to do in that game after I beat it, and people being really competitive annoys me. I just wanna be able to have fun with real people. I don't mind people online battling competitivly, I just wish they would make their message "Competitive Battler" or something so that people like me don't try to battle them. The only reason I say this is because it interfers with the way I try to play, and by saying "If you don't like it don't online battle" you are kinda telling us to go and find something else to do. I'm not saying that's what you were trying to say, I'm just saying that's what I took from it.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General

I'm more of a casual player and I completely agree with you. I don't see why others need to judge the way others play.

I agree with most of this except the online battle thing. That is the only fun thing I have to do in that game after I beat it, and people being really competitive annoys me. I just wanna be able to have fun with real people. I don't mind people online battling competitivly, I just wish they would make their message "Competitive Battler" or something so that people like me don't try to battle them. The only reason I say this is because it interfers with the way I try to play, and by saying "If you don't like it don't online battle" you are kinda telling us to go and find something else to do. I'm not saying that's what you were trying to say, I'm just saying that's what I took from it.

Kind of silly that you'd ask for that, because they're doing exactly what you are--trying to enjoy the game post-E4--, just in a different way. How about you make your message 'Casual Battler'?

Blue Canary

Kind of silly that you'd ask for that, because they're doing exactly what you are--trying to enjoy the game post-E4--, just in a different way. How about you make your message 'Casual Battler'?

Because Competitive battlers aren't going to challenge me anyway.

Because Competitive battlers aren't going to challenge me anyway.

Not my point. I mean to say that everyone should let everyone else play however they want and not whine about it. I was also pointing out the double standard you created by expecting competitive battlers to take measures so as not to 'interfere' with casuals' online experience.

Competitive battling, as I learned during this generation, is not that hard to get into. Hard to master, but that's where the fun lies. Casuals could start battling competitively whenever they want, and it's only their own choice not to which puts a damper on their experience.

By all means, play online. I'm sure anyone would be glad to see you participating in the online battling community. But if you choose not to play competitively, don't complain about always losing.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I hatched an entire box of Froakies and none of them are Modest ;-;

Everstone is your friend.

Do you have a modest pokemon in egg group water 1?. Give it an everstone and breed it with a Froakie. If not, do you have any modest breedable pokemon? If so, you should be able to do a few selective breedings and get the nature onto a mon in egg group water 1 (someone here can help you connect the dots).

Is it a little work? Yeah. But cosider that you're spending 15-20 minutes doing something you know will work instead of mindlessly riding back and forth on a bike waiting for that 4% probability that the random froakie is coming out modest.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Everstone is your friend.

Do you have a modest pokemon in egg group water 1?. Give it an everstone and breed it with a Froakie. If not, do you have any modest breedable pokemon? If so, you should be able to do a few selective breedings and get the nature onto a mon in egg group water 1 (someone here can help you connect the dots).

Is it a little work? Yeah. But cosider that you're spending 15-20 minutes doing something you know will work instead of mindlessly riding back and forth on a bike waiting for that 4% probability that the random froakie is coming out modest.
Squirtle is Modest.

Thank you :D

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Here's a simple solution: Try getting into the competitive scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom