• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
My parents went out to a state park or something today, my mom told me they would be gone most of the day. She asked me to do a load of dishes before she got back (despite my protest that I was already doing my usual Saturday living room/ dining room/ hallway cleaning). This was the interaction we had when she got home-

Me: I did the load of dishes like you asked me to.
My mom: Oh! Thank you! I didn't expect you to do that!
Me: You told me to do it though?
My mom: Oh yeah I was kidding *laughs*
Me: ...
YOU LITERALLY TOLD ME TO WHAT-

Yeah. I'm not necessarily annoyed that I had to do it, it wasn't that big a deal only took like 20 minutes. I'm more annoyed that she just. Told me to wash the dishes. And was joking. And expected me to get that.
Yeah that is annoying. I deal with head games from family members, they change history all the time and hate how my mind if photographic when it comes to what people say.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
My parents went out to a state park or something today, my mom told me they would be gone most of the day. She asked me to do a load of dishes before she got back (despite my protest that I was already doing my usual Saturday living room/ dining room/ hallway cleaning). This was the interaction we had when she got home-

Yeah. I'm not necessarily annoyed that I had to do it, it wasn't that big a deal only took like 20 minutes. I'm more annoyed that she just. Told me to wash the dishes. And was joking. And expected me to get that.
maybe b/c you protested she didn't think you'd end up doing it?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo

My family had a strategy of telling me to do some house chores when leaving. Hours later they would then tell me that they expect me to be done with x and y and z before getting home and that they were on their way... Only x and z were not on the list of things they told me so they spurred me into a frenzied panic to get them done ASAP...
They arrived back home two hours later and I was done fifteen minutes after I started.
Gotta love fear of dire consequences when one of your heads of household is an abusive egotist.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Been sick for almost a week now, and I'm getting real tired of it. Currently in the "slimy" phase, with my sinuses being all clogged up. Won't be able to go back to work yet tomorrow, and tuesday we get off anyway (it's swedens national day), but still unsure about wednesday...

Fierce Deity Link

I made some genuine inquires on another forum about some belief systems in a religion thread and people treated me like I was mocking said beliefs, when I really was wanting some clarity and understanding. It’s annoying when you are sincere and respectful, and people paint you as opposite.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I made some genuine inquires on another forum about some belief systems in a religion thread and people treated me like I was mocking said beliefs, when I really was wanting some clarity and understanding. It’s annoying when you are sincere and respectful, and people paint you as opposite.
yuppp

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Maybe more of a MD discussion but I’m tired of people telling me who I am. I say I’m asexual so they are like. “Nah you’re not”. I’m nonbinary “no you’re not”. I’m agnostic “no you’re not”. I get I’m in the middle road for most things but whenever I suggest something about my identity to someone they try to convince me that I’m not that. I just feel like I can’t be myself in front of people because they think I’m acting. It’s just annoying

Fierce Deity Link

Maybe more of a MD discussion but I’m tired of people telling me who I am. I say I’m asexual so they are like. “Nah you’re not”. I’m nonbinary “no you’re not”. I’m agnostic “no you’re not”. I get I’m in the middle road for most things but whenever I suggest something about my identity to someone they try to convince me that I’m not that. I just feel like I can’t be myself in front of people because they think I’m acting. It’s just annoying
Or they tell you your definition of who you are saying you are is wrong, like they say “thay word you used doesn’t mean that even though you used The Oxford or Webster definition,” Ugh. How are we gonna communicate if people apply post modernism to definitions?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm also asexual (also aromantic), I've heard the "you'll find the right one eventually" line sooo many times. I think most people just assume what they experience is universal and applies to everyone. I just don't mention because I don't want to have to pull out the PowerPoint lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom