• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Update: It's been four goddamn days without heat in the dead of winter.

it's 59° Fahrenheit in the house, and the furnace guy was available while we weren't at home, so I left work to become available, and now I'm on his schedule. I texted and called him for him to say, "I'll let you know when I'm ready."

That was at 10:45 AM.

It's now 1:30 PM and no answer. So I texted him again, and still no response.

Needless to say, this is one of the few times I've lost my temper completely, the other times were for situations far more serious than this.

But an upside, I guess the source of my anxiety is that I'm holding onto anger I feel at unresolved issues, and my poor wife, she was trying to calm me down. So I feel awful for blowing my top.

It's was really more of a combination of things that my brain still felt was unresolved, and I'm still upset and angry about, but my whole life, I was taught how to express my anger in a better way, because every time I've gotten angry people try to say, "Calm down, Colton," or, "Stop being angry."

Which, I believe has led to my current anxiety, so in addition to everything else I've been practicing, I might look at ways to help me deal with some anger.
Boxing???

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I was gonna suggest meditation but boxing works too.
I practice meditation already for anxiety. For anger, I'm gonna look into different ways to help with when I get angry at a situation and how to express and deal with it better.

Which I never thought I had to do, because I never thought I was holding onto things.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
man I feel so sick right now. Yesterday and now this, cmon.

I have indeed caught my younger brother's fever, and while he's steadily getting better throughout the day (good for him) I'm progressively getting worse. It just started as a weird feeling in my throat but now my lower back really hurts, my throat hurts, my legs hurt, I'm coughing (which really hurts) anytime I speak out loud. I also feel so dehydrated and my legs are weak. Not to mention the headache I get every time I so much as look around the room. Not fun. Also feel so tired. I can't walk without my head pounding and myself getting dizzy. I'm also really shaky and feel that kind of cold you only feel when you get a fever, you cover up but it doesn't help.

I'm drinking a lot of water though so hopefully it'll get better soon. Sorry I've been so pessimistic these last couple days, I don't mean to bring the mood down, it's just been kinda hard, first mentally and now physically.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend

I have indeed caught my younger brother's fever, and while he's steadily getting better throughout the day (good for him) I'm progressively getting worse. It just started as a weird feeling in my throat but now my lower back really hurts, my throat hurts, my legs hurt, I'm coughing (which really hurts) anytime I speak out loud. I also feel so dehydrated and my legs are weak. Not to mention the headache I get every time I so much as look around the room. Not fun. Also feel so tired. I can't walk without my head pounding and myself getting dizzy. I'm also really shaky and feel that kind of cold you only feel when you get a fever, you cover up but it doesn't help.

I'm drinking a lot of water though so hopefully it'll get better soon. Sorry I've been so pessimistic these last couple days, I don't mean to bring the mood down, it's just been kinda hard, first mentally and now physically.
You dont need to apologise for being a downer cuz everyone has off days!!!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

Don't appologize! It's not your fault. Nobody's going to blame you for feeling the way you feel! For you to get better is more important than appologizing for feeling down and being sick :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
My math grade is close to failing, and I worry I’m going to end this semester on a failed grade, and I really don’t have an excuse for it

It’s probably because I’ve been so lost in my own head, that I haven’t done well enough, and that my motivation got worse at school. When I was doing my math test I thought I was did well, but I got a bad grade, and now my grade is almost at a failing level. It frustrates me, seeing my grade come back with a failed score. And I feel envious of others, not making the mistakes I do, not doing things that I get so angry at myself for. When I make mistakes, I just get angry and wonder why I made a mistake so dumb, or how I could mess up so badly, or when I can act dense. I just hope I can redeem my grade somehow

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Took my car to get some new tires, and 5 minutes after I leave the automotive section at Walmart I get an announcement to come back.

Apparently as they were taking my car in the cable bearing on the shift busted, so now I can’t take my car out of park. They put some Zip ties on it which will work temporarily, but It won’t hold. I need to take it to another shop entirely to get it fixed, which sucks because they’ll probably have to order the part and I have to drive an hour somewhere tomorrow.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I just found out last night that our guitarist decided to schedule a New Year's show without discussing it with everyone.

Even worse, it's a venue where you have to pay to play a show, which they're asking for $100, but we get $50 back. He tried explaining it to me when I asked, "So we're losing $50?"

Bear in mind that we all agreed to work on the EP we're scheduled to record the end of next month, and it costs $75 an hour, so the drummer and I figured about $400 we'd have to spend to get it done, mixed, and mastered, and ready to put up on Spotify.

I don't mind doing shows one bit, but not ones where I lose money with no way to recoup that loss, plus, there's a more important thing to focus on right now other than shows at the moment, and that's getting professionally recorded music up on the major streaming services so people can listen to our stuff.

It's just mildly annoying that he didn't talk this over with us before going through with it.

Last edited:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I just found out last night that our guitarist decided to schedule a New Year's show without discussing it with everyone.

Even worse, it's a venue where you have to pay to play a show, which they're asking for $100, but we get $50 back. He tried explaining it to me when I asked, "So we're losing $50?"

Bear in mind that we all agreed to work on the EP we're scheduled to record the end of next month, and it costs $75 an hour, so the drummer and I figured about $400 we'd have to spend to get it done, mixed, and mastered, and ready to put up on Spotify.

I don't mind doing shows one bit, but not ones where I lose money with no way to recoup that loss, plus, there's a more important thing to focus on right now other than shows at the moment, and that's getting professionally recorded music up on the major streaming services so people can listen to our stuff.

It's just mildly annoying that he didn't talk this over with us before going through with it.
UPDATE: So thankfully after hearing our concerns, he understands, and him and another member are already in talks with a different venue, and I didn't know this prior, but any entry fees or ticket sales, as well as merch sold is ours, so that softened things a bit. Still though, he understands where we're coming from.

The annoyance has passed, though I will always be cheesed off with paying to play, even if it is more like a security deposit. We musicians have a hard enough time as it is, is all I'm saying.

UPDATE 2: Show was moved to a venue where we don't have to pay to play! So concerns have melted away.

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Took my car to get some new tires, and 5 minutes after I leave the automotive section at Walmart I get an announcement to come back.

Apparently as they were taking my car in the cable bearing on the shift busted, so now I can’t take my car out of park. They put some Zip ties on it which will work temporarily, but It won’t hold. I need to take it to another shop entirely to get it fixed, which sucks because they’ll probably have to order the part and I have to drive an hour somewhere tomorrow.
So an update, I took my car to another shop to get it fixed, and just got it back. They told me that they found another 3 things wrong with it and fixing it would run me over $1k. Literally none of these things were problems until recently because I had just got it checked a few months ago. They’re not vital problems but they absolutely need to be dealt with sooner rather than later, and the alternative is getting a new car which is a bad idea in this economy. I’m not happy about all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom