• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I was sitting out on the deck on my deckchair listening to some music when out of nowhere a caterpillar decided to slink across my armpit, If it weren't for me wearing a T-Shirt I probably wouldn't of noticed it. I couldn't blow it off instead I resorted to using my phone to brush it off my shirt. This is only the second time I used my phone for "Pest Control" the first time was squishing a very annoying moth that somehow got stuck into a bedroom of a house I rented for a weekend getaway in the North Carolina Mountains.
Don't worry the caterpillar wasn't harmed.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
My research advisor informed me today that his son has COVID so he recommended that he and I test today, which I just did. Fingers crossed for a negative result or else I can't go to the scientific conference I was supposed to attend starting Sunday. That would royally piss me off.
Sooo results???

Also taking 50mins to get home from work rather than the usual 10/15mjns...

Western Dental is such a sucky scammy scuzzy company. Got bugged for payments and threatened with late fees even though we paid on time. They made up bs excuses everytime we showed them the receipts. The service is sucky. They're disorganized. I broke off the contract with them, and they're still sending letters. I finally called billing, told them that I had broken the contract a while back and had already made one last payment. The dumb chick on the other end didn't listen for crap. She just kept asking if I wanted to call the office so I could talk to them about breaking the contract. I told her again that I already did and not to contact me again, and hung up.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I'm getting really sick of my dad's teasing.

I know he doesn't mean any harm, but it does really hurt me sometimes. I just don't have to courage to stand up and tell him. They're watching something in the living room right now, and I just heard my dad comment on my lack of presence in the room. He said something along the lines of "maybe if it were animated and had people yelling she'd watch with us."

After hearing that I just kind of stopped what I was doing and covered my face with my hands and teared up.

And it was the tone and the exact wording which really hurt. He's teased me a lot about anime in the past, so that made it sting even more. I'm not even watching any anime right now. I'm trying to sort through all the spiritual things happening to me. There's a lot of turmoil inside of me so I need time by myself where I can be silent and think through stuff and let my thoughts flow. The thing is he'll never know about that. So he just thinks I always watch anime by myself all the time, when actually I haven't watched much recently anyway.

I use music a lot to calm down. And that means using my computer with headphones on. He'll comment on that too. I'm sorry I use headphones so much, but I find that I'm becoming increasingly dependent on music now.

I know he loves me a lot, but still. Joking around like that isn't my type of humor, and it really stings.

I was super excited to show him an anime movie I found recently, but after that comment I really don't feel like it anymore. I don't want that to become another way for him to get at me.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
You really need to tell him it upsets you man

I know. I know. I know I do. Why can't I? Why am I crying? Why am I so scared and nervous? I"m so frustrated with myself that I can'r get the courage to confront him about it. It seems so easy to do but I just, I can't. I mean I can, but it's so hard

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I know. I know. I know I do. Why can't I? Why am I crying? Why am I so scared and nervous? I"m so frustrated with myself that I can'r get the courage to confront him about it. It seems so easy to do but I just, I can't. I mean I can, but it's so hard
If it's easier, you could write a quick note and leave it somewhere he can read it later

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
If it's easier, you could write a quick note and leave it somewhere he can read it later

That's the only way I've been able to confront him in the past, so yeah I'll probably have do that soon. I'm feeling too nervous to do it right now. My chest is racing just from talking about this, plus I kinda just finished crying a second ago. I need to calm down.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
would it be easier to tell your mom or someone and they'd tell him?

I could. If I had to talk I'd rather talk to my mom. But I hate confrontations or anything tough to talk about like that. So I'd rather write it, because then I can clearly express everything without getting interrupted by either my dad or by my own emotions spilling over. It'd probably be better to talk it out, but I just, I'm not good at talking. I mean I can socialize, but debating or confrontation or anything like that I get quiet and stuff. And then the other person talks the whole time.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I could. If I had to talk I'd rather talk to my mom. But I hate confrontations or anything tough to talk about like that. So I'd rather write it, because then I can clearly express everything without getting interrupted by either my dad or by my own emotions spilling over. It'd probably be better to talk it out, but I just, I'm not good at talking. I mean I can socialize, but debating or confrontation or anything like that I get quiet and stuff. And then the other person talks the whole time.
I feel that, what matters most is being able to get what you're feeling to come across well, verbal communicating is something you can just work on later on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom