• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
The fact that we still had customers lining up outside despite the fact that it was pouring down rain. :dry: I seriously think snow would be the only thing that would keep them home and that ain't going to happen now that we are beyond the latest day I have ever seen it around here.

What is it going to take to get them to stay home so that we can all get back to normal lives, the longer these idiots go out the longer the stay at home order is going to last.

Ninja

Well well well
Well, it happened.

Our daughter got home from her first set of vaccinations, and woke up completely inconsolable and screaming, right as my wife and I were transferring her luggage to the car. Seeing our daughter cry, made my wife cry, which made my mom cry, which made me cry lol. Luckily my mom was able to help out while we left.

I picked up some dinner on the way to her temporary apartment, and it was very somber. We talked like nothing was happening, but you can tell there was a sense of sadness in the air. I laid on the bed while she was finishing up showering, thinking about how it was going to be to say goodbye for now. We laid down together, she just reached over to me and started bawling, which made me very emotional as well. We assured each other that we were doing what was best for our family.

After about an hour, it was getting late, so I was getting ready to head home, and she wanted to walk me out. Right at the door, we embraced emotionally again, and stood there for a good 10 minutes consoling each other. I promised her that our daughter will be taken care of while mom is away, and hugged her tight, and assured her that she is doing the right thing.

0/10 would not do again.

Baby has a slight fever but is in good spirits, just ate a full bottle, she's stopped crying heavy, and is getting ready for sleep time. We were able to FaceTime before my wife went to bed, and knowing that the baby is feeling better put her mind at ease.

Well, it happened.

Our daughter got home from her first set of vaccinations, and woke up completely inconsolable and screaming, right as my wife and I were transferring her luggage to the car. Seeing our daughter cry, made my wife cry, which made my mom cry, which made me cry lol. Luckily my mom was able to help out while we left.

I picked up some dinner on the way to her temporary apartment, and it was very somber. We talked like nothing was happening, but you can tell there was a sense of sadness in the air. I laid on the bed while she was finishing up showering, thinking about how it was going to be to say goodbye for now. We laid down together, she just reached over to me and started bawling, which made me very emotional as well. We assured each other that we were doing what was best for our family.

After about an hour, it was getting late, so I was getting ready to head home, and she wanted to walk me out. Right at the door, we embraced emotionally again, and stood there for a good 10 minutes consoling each other. I promised her that our daughter will be taken care of while mom is away, and hugged her tight, and assured her that she is doing the right thing.

0/10 would not do again.

Baby has a slight fever but is in good spirits, just ate a full bottle, she's stopped crying heavy, and is getting ready for sleep time. We were able to FaceTime before my wife went to bed, and knowing that the baby is feeling better put her mind at ease.

Awww hun. I can't imagine. :hug:

We're here for you and I'm wishing you and your family all of the happiness and health in the world. <3

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Trying to explain to someone that chimps aren't as strong as most people think they are, that humans are stronger than we give ourselves credit for, that all anthropoids, monkeys and apes (including humans) are intelligent, live highly social lifestyles, and make tools.

It was in response to someone asking why humans are so weak compared to other animals. My answer was simple:

1. We aren't as weak as we seem, as we're more than capable of causing serious damage bare-handed.
  2. If you take away everything that makes anthropoids as a whole successful, that being intelligence, social lifestyles, and tool use and tool making, then yeah, they sound pathetically weak.
  3. It's an unfair comparison trying to compare a human to a lion. Both animals have different strategies for success, and both are highly effective.
  4. Take away a tiger's claws, teeth, and strength, and they sound pathetically weak too.
Apparently the guy was confused at me using anthropoidea, the proper taxonomical classification of monkeys and apes as a large. collective group, as opposed to the Lemuriformes, which contain the lemurs and other primates of that nature, and he preferred simian, which if he wanted to be scientific, should have been Simiiformes.

The guy also tried to argue that chimps can't make tools, then I pointed him to an article that demonstrates chimpanzees have entered their Stone Age, and he still argues that apes can't make tools.

At this point, I feel like I'm debating a brick wall.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I had a customer who works at a retirement home call to place an order and in the middle of it said they needed to ask their friend something so they put me on hold. I waited for like 10 minutes while other phones were going off around me and we started getting backed up on orders when my coworker says that he just took the order because the customers called back from a different phone.

Then when I was leaving, I had a customer complain that her pizza didn't have extra pineapple on it like she asked. I looked at the pizza, it did have extra pineapple but she asked for extra cheese that covered up most of the pineapple. But I told her I could have the kitchen throw on some more pineapple and stuff. When I brought it back out, she tried telling me that they didn't bake the new pineapple into the pizza. They did, and she shoved her finger in to check and looked happy with it. But then I got a call 20 minutes later about how the pizza didn't have extra pineapple or extra cheese and she told me she would be coming back for a free pizza tomorrow and hung up.

It was a lovely night.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I don't think I ever really learned how to resolve my feelings internally. I still have a good bit of pain and bad dreams about things that happened years ago, that I've basically gotten all the closure I could possibly get, but it still doesn't leave my head. I constantly have weird and confusing dreams about things, and I just wish I could find some form of inner peace, in healthy ways, because what I've tried just doesn't work.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I had a customer who works at a retirement home call to place an order and in the middle of it said they needed to ask their friend something so they put me on hold. I waited for like 10 minutes while other phones were going off around me and we started getting backed up on orders when my coworker says that he just took the order because the customers called back from a different phone.

Then when I was leaving, I had a customer complain that her pizza didn't have extra pineapple on it like she asked. I looked at the pizza, it did have extra pineapple but she asked for extra cheese that covered up most of the pineapple. But I told her I could have the kitchen throw on some more pineapple and stuff. When I brought it back out, she tried telling me that they didn't bake the new pineapple into the pizza. They did, and she shoved her finger in to check and looked happy with it. But then I got a call 20 minutes later about how the pizza didn't have extra pineapple or extra cheese and she told me she would be coming back for a free pizza tomorrow and hung up.

It was a lovely night.
There's these kind of people everywhere! Once we ordered food and the delivery guy delivered the food to the wrong address like a few streets away. When the poor guy went to pick back our food, those morons have already started to eat it! And the worst part was they blamed the delivery boy for delivering them food and said that he was the cause of confusion. I say, if nobody had ordered food in your house then what's the damn confusion?
He then had to go all the way back to the hotel and get back our food.
Ate lunch around 1730 hrs that day :sweating:

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
There's this super stupid quest in Final Fantasy VIII on a spaceship where you have to defeat monsters in a certain pattern .. doesn't sound too complicated? Well, the patterns are COLOR CODED: And not only that, specifically the colors I can't see, which is yellow and green. Really?! And all the guides I look up are like well, "just kill the green ones and then the blue and then the yellow ones duuuuuuhhh".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom