• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So I live in a house with shared laundry spaces and we aren't supposed to use them after 9PM due to "noise concerns".

But who the **** gets home from work before 9PM in Tokyo? They expect us to either wake up early (which isn't going to happen) or to just use weekend time to do that crap :/

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Looking at the pile of clothes, and dishes, and books, and games, and dust and realizing that nope, I won't be able to pull myself together to clean this day either ...

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Maybe too political for outside the MD but sure here goes. If this gets removed then I understand but I just need to vent this somewhere.

Everyone in the UK protesting to today against the Queen granting Boris Johnson his suspension of Parliament in September has gone insane.

People are saying the Queen has sold out democracy. The Queen. The Queen. A hereditary monarch of a dynastic line that goes back nearly a thousand years. Has sold out democracy. But what did she do exactly? The Prime Minister requested a suspension of Parliament for mid-September. He wants this to avoid a vote on a no-deal Brexit, it's a whole other thing and he can frankly get to ****, the fat ****, but that's not what people are angry about. People are angry about the Queen agreeing to his request. She did this because she essentially has a constitutional obligation to do so. The act of asking her in and of itself is almost entirely symbolic. See, the thing about the British Royal family still existing is that it does so on numerous conditions, one of which is that they don't get involved in politics. The Queen isn't even allowed to express political opinions in public. This entire thing was a formality. The Queen was always going to say yes, she is obliged to say yes, saying no would have caused a constitutional crisis.

The Queen is not allowed to tell the Prime Minister what to do.

The people angry and protesting about this want to protect democracy, but starting a petition to beg the Queen to wield absolute power is contrary to everything a lot of these people believe in. Johnson is a **** nugget, his whole Brexit plan is a disaster. He wants this suspension because he knows Parliament will oppose him every step of the way, and he knows he'll lose a general election if he held one to try and legitimise his government. No one voted for him, no one wants him, his party won less the 35% of the vote, and even the people who want Brexit don't want it to come with the end of the Good Friday Agreement. All of this is strong cause to protest, strong cause to get political, strong reasons to get angry. But instead, people who value democracy are now literally getting upset when the Queen remains apolitical instead of literally getting medieval on us. Honest to God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom