• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
At my job I'm a first year apprentice, and as the Service Car Washer was fired recently, I have the unenviable honour of taking over his duties at a reduced pay rate. I get faced with unrealistic deadlines a lot; I'm expected to wash all cars that come through for a service, and with 7 hoists running at any one time, coupled with me being the only one to wash the cars, and I have to share the wash bay (can wash 1 car at a time) with 4 Detailers it's often an uphill battle to get everything out in time.

Today things were going well. At 10:30 I washed the 3 cars that had their services completed. They were due by 2:30pm and only took 20-30 minutes each. No big deal, I assumed the deadlines would get later as the day went on. Then at Midday I picked some customers up in the courtesy car, getting back at 12:30. By then, 3 cars due at 1PM had been serviced and I was expected to wash them all. Not only were they the biggest model available (takes 2-3x longer than washing a regular car) but I was instructed to wash them with some minor detailing techniques (v time consuming) as they were all reportedly from customers who had referred a lot of others to buy the cars.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and don't mind being assigned to other duties and these guys are one of the only workplaces I've been with who actually do things like Holiday pay, paid leave, sick leave, etc. But the way things are run from up top is so mediocre it hurts. I feel bad for my Supervisors because they're in the same boat to a worse extent.

Ninja

Well well well
A family member of mine was in a car accident today and I told my boss I may be running late, because I need to make sure him and his two kids are alright.

My boss got a pissy attitude with me about it because we are supposed to train a few people today.

It's like, sorry dude, I didn't want this **** to happen.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
A family member of mine was in a car accident today and I told my boss I may be running late, because I need to make sure him and his two kids are alright.

My boss got a pissy attitude with me about it because we are supposed to train a few people today.

Ugh mean boss!!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

Woow! That was insanely rude of your boss! My former boss was a disaster when it came to personal family matters too. When a former coworker her sister died of cancer, my boss said to her: So? That's a reason for not coming to work? I kid you not :ananger:

My annoyance of this day (and the whole week) is my stupid hayfever. Ugh :ninja:

Ninja

Well well well
Stubborn headache that won't go away, took three tylenols for it but nothing. May have to let aspirin do its thing next.

Ninja

Well well well
For the life of me, I can't clear this one damned notification on one of my phone apps. I've checked everything and the "1" keeps staring me in the eyes.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
There are probably laws governing how often you're required to take breaks and for how long depending on how long your shift is.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Skyrim glitches. Picked the game up because it was finally on a Nintendo console. I've had to restart my game three times due to problems with the Stormcloak quest.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Waiting in traffic. Annoys the heck out of me, especially when off the highways, sometimes when it's really backed up I'll be stuck at a traffic light even when it's green 'cause some bum blocked off my lane...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom