• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Ninja

Well well well
Going through Facebook and seeing people posting that they are glad Hurricane Harvey is "washing away the hate". People who say **** like that are no better than the people they are wishing ill will upon.

Discovered I hate the word (dare I call it that) "kek" now. Do we need a slang word for lol?

In all seriousness though, I had a guy come to my restaurant (restaurants are beginning to be a theme on here) and he ordered a bowl of soup. No big deal, I brought it out to him myself and he thanked me. But before I got back into my office, I hear this LOUD slurping and turn around to see the guys face in his soup. He was literally drinking it like he was bobbing for apples and the only other groups in the building were staring at him like they were watching a murder take place. These groups consisted of two couples by the way, which were executives and their spouses that we were hosting in the smoking section. They were guests that our owner invited for dinner, so that made for horrifically bad timing. I ended up nearly performing parkour to get back out to the man to ask him to refrain from drinking his soup, as it was upsetting the other customers. He complied and finished the rest with his spoon, but after paying he belched like a foghorn and left.

Why does this **** happen during my shift?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I've been looking for work since I was 16. I am almost out of money for class from financial aid. My stepfather gets on me saying that I havent been looking for jobs and how I contribute nothing. I try to tell him I guess I don't know how to fill out a job application to market myself he blows up on me. Every thing that Ive been told was to over embellish what im good at and to call back. I don't follow this because I feel like its dishonest to over embellish and think that if I do embellish I will not be able to live up to an employers expectations. This advice is from friends.

It just furstrates me that I'm asking for help and he dosnt seem to want to give it and just complains that I don't have a job yet.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
snippy snip
Just ignore your stepdad. He's being useless. Job hunting is a pain, I know. And one we gotta deal with I'm afraid. Persistence is key. It's like banging your head against a wall but that's the way it goes.

In regards to "embellishing" your resume, here's the thing you gotta understand. Employers want the perfect employee, even when they know it's not what they're getting. Like it or not, the commercial job market is all about dishonesty. You're actually proving to your employers that you can sell yourself convincingly by overstating your value to them.

So here's what you gotta do. Sell yourself up - In a Convincing Manner. Above all NEVER lie about specifics, awards you never received, volunteer work you've never done or achievements you've never made, that will get you fired or worse. But your job is to convince your employer that you are Superman. They don't want Clark Kent they want Superman and you gotta convince them that you're their chosen one. Swallow your pride and brown nose them like a champ, it's the only thing that will land you a job.

It's all a load of bull, I know. But it's how it's done.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Every thing that Ive been told was to over embellish what im good at and to call back. I don't follow this because I feel like its dishonest to over embellish and think that if I do embellish I will not be able to live up to an employers expectations. T

You need to over embellish. Everyone competing with you will be doing it which will mean you look bad next to them and wont get the job. You don't need to live up to an employers expectations you just need to not be **** enough to be kicked out.

Anyway my day was RUINED!
I found out my favourite Thai restaurant is still closed for refurbishment even though they said it would be ready by last week!

Ninja

Well well well
Being unable to sleep

Spider on the cieling

I had a dream that I was being chased by two enormous black widows.

Body just sore from all of the landscaping and exercising lately. Taking the day off but I feel like such a lazy ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom