• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Normally I work the morning shifts, however for the next 7 days straight I have to work late nights to help cover a vacation. On top of that, the big boss wants a meeting today at 3pm, and my shift is 6pm-4am. Wonder how I can get out of this meeting...

Tell them your pet pig has escaped and is on the rampage and you need to stop it and won't be able to make the meeting.

Ninja

Well well well
Ugh tell me about it. Had the guests from hell.

I was sitting across from this table doing a follow sheet on one of my servers. Basically it's a sheet I fill out to ensure they are hitting key points, service, and timing standards, so I see everything with this table. The only thing she did wrong was drop the check without asking if they wanted dessert.

So I get called over there and all hell breaks loose. It's a family of four. Mother, husband, daughter, boyfriend, and the father takes a huge swig of his gin and tonic and goes on a complete rant, screaming, dropping F bombs and all about the horrible service they have received. Mind you while all this is going on, the daughter and boyfriend are making out at the table.

The older guy just lays into me and I quote, not bullshitting, says that his family has been treated like immigrants from the start of their meal, and told me that their server, and myself because I didn't give them free ****, was like Donald Trump. He yelled that his kind (they were indeed Latino) should be treated like royalty in our Mexican themed dining room.

Never in my life in my 7 years in the field been compared to a figure that is assumed a racist bigot. That got my blood boiling, but I stayed calm and collected and only ended up giving them a small dessert on the house. They paid the remainder of their $300 tab.

It just annoys me very much that this type of ignorance exists. I wish I could tell them that my server is actually married to a Spanish guy, and that they were just drunk assholes that wanted free ****, and got pissy when I wouldn't cave in and backed up my server instead that I was doing a follow sheet for.

Ugh, damn you, general public.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Similar to NinJa's story, I was also at a restraunt (Not working there though), and saw almost the exact same bull****, but the dude was getting physical. I was in the company of my grandparents, though, and thought better of stepping in (I thought he might go off on them).

karu

Panamaniac
I work at McDonald's, yesterday this dude comes in the drive through and tells me he wants a thick sandwich. I kid you not, he even spelled it out for me, and when I told him that we don't have whatever the heck that is he freaking yelled at me "THICK SANDWICH YOU LITTLE SL*T!"

My manager took over for me because honestly I couldn't deal with that dude, this was my 2nd week without training. She told him to pull up to the first window and she told him off! Literally yelled at the dude for yelling at me and that this so called 'thick sandwich' did not exist.

I hate those people

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Got this noisy little yappy dog up the street who barks at everything that walks past. Doesn't shut up either even when yelled at. The biggest problem is that house is smack dab in the middle of the subdivision, at the intersection of the two main streets that cover the flat walkable area of the subdivision (the rest are very steep hills) and the yard curves all the way around each street, meaning the dog can see you and follow you from anywhere and it barks nonstop at anything even if you're all the way down the street.

Can't take a leisurely stroll without this little $h!t being a nuisance.

One of these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom