• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Mario should be Italian. They should have got Charles Martinet to voice him in the movie or even someone who is actually from Italy and has an Italian accent.

Every time I see a trailer for that movie which otherwise looks amazing the voice for Mario is off-putting
you can see from the cast that they wanted big names attached to it, I'm not too familiar w/ actors but yeah I'm sure someone could've fit that bill

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Mario should be Italian. They should have got Charles Martinet to voice him in the movie or even someone who is actually from Italy and has an Italian accent.

Every time I see a trailer for that movie which otherwise looks amazing the voice for Mario is off-putting
Martinet is French descent, though lol

There was a clip of Pratt making a very good Mario "Italian" accent in an interview, but he mentioned that they wanted something more coherent with the somewhat realistic Mario background story that is presented in the movie.

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion

There was a clip of Pratt making a very good Mario "Italian" accent in an interview, but he mentioned that they wanted something more coherent with the somewhat realistic Mario background story that is presented in the movie.
Plus, Mario has been depicted with both an Italian accent and a Brooklyn accent. I figure they steered toward the Brooklyn accent because it may be a bit easier for American kids to understand, as they are self centered brats. All joking aside, my little siblings would have a bit of trouble understanding the Italian accent.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

He does Mario with an Italian accent though and he has done so for many years which is why I think he should have been the number 1 pick. The only thing is he does Mario in a very over the top way which is why perhaps an actor from Italy with a native accent might produce a better result for more serious scenes. Martinet has done serious roles however so that's not to say he couldn't tone Mario down a bit for regular conversation

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Playing through Pokémon Violet and noticed that when you have a Pokémon in Japanese, French, Spanish, Chinese etc it shows height and weight in metric measurements but in English it only shows the imperial measurements. Surely you there should be a setting for that to be changed since so many native English speakers don’t use the imperial system.

Playing through Pokémon Violet and noticed that when you have a Pokémon in Japanese, French, Spanish, Chinese etc it shows height and weight in metric measurements but in English it only shows the imperial measurements. Surely you there should be a setting for that to be changed since so many native English speakers don’t use the imperial system.
Reminds me of how I had to change my language on discord to English (UK) just to get the 24 hour clock because for some reason you can't just configure that? Or even just have it sync to your system clock

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom