• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Fig

The Altruist
when was that
to be fair I do think there's some difference since pepe wasn't appropriated as a hate symbol for quite some time, while a slur probably has decades of history

in any case this is all just a misunderstanding right?
Pepe was used in far-right media from the far-right pipeline (if you remember stuff like "the flag of Kekistan", Sargon of Akkad, basically 4chan and all its sister sites, etc.) starting from 2016 uptil 2018. During that period, it was seen as a hate image. In my case, I immediately stopped back in 2016 despite it using it for several years prior. It gotten so bad, the original author/creator of Pepe killed off Pepe in a comic because it was terrible seeing on his creations be used as a hate symbol. It wasn't til around 2018 when Pepe was being reformed back into a meme/Twitch lingo as it was prior to the 2016 election.

Meant to respond earlier, but after further research, what I was referring regarding the Pratt "tweet" was confirmed false. It was weird seeing people that do their research somewhat confirming it as legitimate back in the day as it was when the edit was barely just made so that's on me.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Fast food restaurants that say they’re times online, only to have a piece of paper on the menu saying that they close an hour earlier now.

like dude, shouldn’t the more easily viewed place be the first thing you update?
Take it from me, the individual stores have very little control on the online info. Arby's had this problem back last year whenever things were really locked down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom