• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Ancient Time Do You Wish You Were in Right Now?

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Well, I am writing a story about Ancient Egypt and it occured to me, how much magic there was surrounding that time. It seems to unreal that there was a period in time where everything was surrounded by curses, magic, tombs, mummies, pharoahs, and so on. Then I came back to the present with my grandma watching golf and my dad talking about the economy. There's just no more magic in this time like there was then. So that's why I wish I lived in Ancient Egypt. Do any of you wish that you were in a different time? If so, why?

Claire

The Geekette
Well, of course there isn't much "magic" in modern times, because magic has been the explanation for the ancient civilizations as to what is what, and why it is so. The ancient Egyptians, while brilliantly discovered many things that we know and use to this day, couldn't explain it all - which resorted in magic, and other things as the answer.

Now, with that aside, I would choose to live in medieval Ireland. The Celts were known for the rights the women had. They were not divided by gender, and females were given great amounts of opportunities, that were generally widely considered to be strictly for men only. For instance, women were involved in warfare and in kingship, leading the Celts to view women as courageous and strong.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I think I would fit best in the medieval times somewhere. Im really not sure where. I just like how the dressed and how everything was worked hard for. There were farms... and things like what you see in Zelda games ^^

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Is this any time in the past, or does it have to be long ago?
'Cause the time I want to visit is just like 70-80 years ago. Basically go back home and go back in time. That way I can see what my community was like back then as well as seeing my family when they first came over from Europe.
'Ancient' times, as much as they interest me, I wouldn't want to go back to see them... maybe sometimes, but the time I mentioned would be better.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
In ancient Greece I would want to live, yesterday, today and tomorrow! I would love to share my reflections to and argue with the classic philosophers such as Socrates, Heraclitus and Diogenes from Sinope etc. I can´t explain how wonderful it would be, drinking wine and having some interesting discussions with some of the greatest minds that have ever existed. I´ve never experienced Greece but I can imagine there are/were more things that I would also appreciate about it :)

I'd love to be in Medieval/Renaissance times. Life was much simpler then and I would love to experience it. I'd love to see all the kings and queens. I'd probably want to be a Writer/Storyteller or a Knight. Maybe even a blacksmith. But the bad part would be tha plague. :(

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I would like to live in acient Roman times. Just live in my enormous Roman villa, enjoy gladiator fights at the colleseum and walk around the forum in the centre of Rome. :)

Another option would be the the time of the Saxons. If i'm right they are my acient ancestors and my name is based on the Dutch version of the word Saxon. It would be cool to see how they live :)

Guardian

The Chosen One
I wouldn't mind living back in a world similar to the Zelda world. Not for ever I would want to live there, but I would want to experience there world. I think it looks like a safe and enjoyable place to be and I think I would be in the Oot overworld. That is just a beautiful place and very colorful. Very friendly people in various towns to. :)

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
Ancient Greece.

Come on, art thrived there! And I'm an art nut. XD I'm pretty sure women had rights as well...not sure, maybe that was the Romans. =P But, yeah, I'd like to live then because of all the artwork.

If it could have been more recent, then the Renaissance would be my choice, even more artwork! =D

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think it might be cool to live waaaay back when humans got started. I mean, like 10,000-12,000 BC when people lived in little bands and clans, the landscape was vast and largely devoid of people and people had to hunt their own food. Imagine, traveling with your family across some great valley and seeing a herd of mammoths in the distance... I imagine that everything was new back then, everything a discovery. That's back when people first *discovered* things like art. I think I'd make a great cave-wall painter.

The Rennaissance also appeals to me - it being a time of great discovery and innovation and one of the greatest art periods ever. I imagine it would take a lot of grit to become a *female* grand artist in that period, though. Artemesia Gentellisci was Rennaisance, wasn't she?

Then, I was recently watching something on the History Channel about the Black Death... and how in the period between it and the Rennaicance, the people of Europe found new niches and opportunities - lowborn people suddenly could have land and highborn people were brought low, having to reap their own harvest for lack of serfs... that appeals to me in a big way, as well as a time when there aren't many people on the landscape. Also, the people back then got through stuff with their faith and the idea of living in a "time of faith" appeals to me. I don't think I'd want to be around for the Black Death, because it would mean that I'd have to survive losing many people I loved, but maybe if I were one of those pre-Rennaisace babies...

*shrug*

I seem to favor time periods with few people and lots of discovery.

S

Sword of Faith

I'm pretty sure women had rights as well

The Greek Women had little to no rights. Men dominated the culture.

I'd want to live in ancient Japan, so that I could fulfill my lifelong dream of being a ninja- er, Samurai.

I'm not an outlaw fighting against the ancient Japanese ruler, I swear!

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think I would like to be in medieval times as well, possibly because of the whole influence on Zelda. Although I majored in Art History in University, so any period of great art would be a welcome destination for myself.

S

supergoron97

Ancient Greece

I love their architecture and Greece is my favorite country, Plus, It would answer so many questions about their Mythology

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom