• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Ancient Time Do You Wish You Were in Right Now?

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
There are many times and places I would love to visit, but not live. We have so many conveniences today that we take most of them for granted. Hell, most people in first world countries wouldn't last long in less developed places today, let alone centuries ago.

But I'd love to visit ancient Rome.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I would like to live in Viking times. Mainly because I'm studying Viking history right now and I like their way of fighting.

I don't think I'd be able to live back in ANY ancient times. I'm too comfy with my electricity, heat, and indoor plumbing :P. However, I'd LOVE to go back and visit Rome, Egypt, Japan, Ireland - pretty much everything that's already been said. I'd love to see how the cultures truly were, and to experience it all firsthand rather than read it in a history book. Given the option, though, I'd just as soon go to Hyrule, Middle-Earth, Hogwarts, Azeroth, etc ;).

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Medieval Times probably, stories of knights, nobles and Dragons always intrigued me. It would also be cool to go back to the Garden of Eden, before the world was all messed. The only problem with that would be that in the Garden of Eden everything was a vegitarian and I like meat way too much to be a veggitarian. Also since there was no death or corruption you could walk right up to any animal. How cool would that be.

S

sirscarecrow

I would want to join the roman legions and work myself up to a Centurion or die during the process. The only thing for me living for today is my wife.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
What the thread poster said... the magic of the Pyramids being built, the curses, mummies, the theories, I even decorated my writing folder egyptian style and use Hylioglyphics. That and Roman times

Pre-Marian Roman Republic. Provided I was a citizen, of course. Or maybe Byzantine Constantiople, or the Florentine Republic. The Classical Maya interest me as well, though I couldn't bear the self-sacrifice. And maybe Imperial China, or Rome under Marcus Aurelius.

Last edited:
I don't think I'd want to return to ancient times. I'd much rather visit somewhere with more of a cultural aspect, like maybe Cold War Russia, or Germany during WWII. That would be insightful.

I would of loved to be alive around the discovery era. Imagine not knowing so much, and suddenly learning so many new things about the world! Also, I'd totally discover America before Columbus, and get all the credit. And I wouldn't wipe out entire native communities either . . . I'd do my best to make a better future for everyone!

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I would probably go the times of the ancient Anglo-Saxon or Vendel times b/c there was so much mythology and folktales in those societies and fighting w/ swords/ spears/axes/etc., shields, maille armor etc. sounds pretty exiting. I definately wouldn't want to stay there though, it would probably get really tough living in those times after a while and I would miss everything there is in this time period.
Also, for everyone saying they want to live in medieval times, you have to realize that, chances are, you will wind up being a peasant working uber hard all day and barely making a living, not to mention your life would be completely controlled by the Catholic Church.

Pen

The game is on!
If I had to choose an ancient time to live in right now I'd pick ancient Greek without a doubt. Of course I wouldn't want to be a slave (there were a few), but I think it was quite cool to live back then. The ancient Greeks are after all great role models for today's society.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Probably in the Midieval Times as a knight or guard for the castle. I'd love to live back then, if only to see if dragons were real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom