• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Age Were You when You First Started Playing Zelda?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Can't remember how old I was, but it was near abouts when Ocarina of Time came out I think. Few years after maybe. And my brother handing me the controller to play, and me dying very very quickly. :P With so many brothers, and me being the youngest, I'd always watch them play, and I remember seeing my brothers die and they'd always press A twice, to save and continue. I imitated that and remember Mike getting annoyed at me for it!

So, these posts make me feel old...I was 27 when I first got into Zelda. I think the first time I played one I was 25. The daughter of one of my friends was really into MM, and put it into my old N64. I was totally confused and not into it at all. She was definitely frustrated that I didn't understand the music playing or where I was going. Fast forward a few years, and she is telling me all about TP one night. I was truly intrigued, so I borrowed it from a friend, then bought one for myself. OoT, SS, MM, Loz, ALttP eventually followed. Not being an excellent gamer, I have yet to finish one. Can't beat Ganon in OoT. I pick it up every few months and replay the end til I want to throw things...hoping to finish it this summer once school gets out, and also make progress on SS and TP.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My family bought an N64 in 1999, when I was 3. My Mom played OOT until the Water Temple (where she got stuck for 12 years... Freaking key in the Central Tower!), and I played it occasionally. I didn't get very far in it, though, since I was absolutely terrified of the Stalchildren. We got Majora's Mask two years later, but I didn't get into that one until I bought it on the Wii Shop Channel last year because I hated the Time System (It has since become one of my favourite Zelda games). Although I first played Zelda when I was three, I didn't really get into the series until Christmas 2003, when I got The Wind Waker from my Grandma. I was 7, and that was when I started really loving Zelda.

F

frostfern

I started playing it before I can really remember but didn't get into until about 3 years ago... (I was a pokemon nutcase so zelda was put to the back of my mind when my GB broke.) So I was 15 I guess.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I was 7 years old when I had my first Zelda game, but I was 8 1/2 when I first played a Zelda game. That first game just so happened to be the scariest Zelda game, Majora' Mask, which came with my GameCube. I was watching my sis play it (she was 9 at the time) & she was just as scared as I was. Eventually it came down to the 3rd day & saw the sequence when the Moon fell. My sis threw the controller down & we ran out of the room screaming. I never played the game until I was 12.

The first Zelda game I actually played I was 8 1/2 years old. My sister found it on the ground somewhere.

I remember my cousins playing Zelda on the NES when I was a little boy. But of course, I didn't play any. The first Zelda game I remember playing was Ocarina of Time when it was released. I was 11.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I was 5, completed OoT all by myself although took me a while.. plus I didn't really understand English that well when I was this young nor did I care for a game's story :P

C

Cucco's Revenge

I was 7 or so when I played Twilight Princess. I died a time or two in the first Wolf Link section, and I couldn't get past the Forest Temple, because I didn't read the strategy guide.

ThatOneNerd

Guardian Deity
I was 6 years old when I got a GameCube and Zelda Collectors Edition with it. I still treasure both. :)

Salem

SICK
I was at Kinder garden, my uncle brought the game alttp to grandma's house, he and mom played it and I don't remember when exactly I played Zelda for the first time but this is the first time I witnessed it.

Z

Zelda Dream

3-4 i think... it was wind waker and twilight princess but i did nothing but stay at ordan village the whole time in twilight princess.... oh well i was young :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom