• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Age Were You when You First Started Playing Zelda?

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
I was 10 years old when I played my first Zelda game on NES. I thought it was a really good game. Even when sometimes I had no clue where to go, it was just really fun to play. I didn't become a hardcore Zelda fan until I was 12 and played Ocarina of Time. That game just blew me away!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i started playing Zelda II when i was like 4 or 5 cuz my mom was always playing it. i will admit i freakin hated that game back then and didnt really get into zelda till ALttP when i was like 7 or 8. Zelda II was just way too hard when i was young, i recently started playing AoL again like a week ago. I just finished the Island Palace and just went and got a hidden skill and Reflect before i start playing the Maze Island Palace. the game is ******** hard, but im farther now than i have ever been in that game. Its called redemption guys. it killed me for so long that i never beat that game and now over 20 years later, i will finally complete it

Alex

~TLoZ Veteran~
I was 6 when i started playing Ocarina of time (my first zelda game) but then when i came pretty far to when you became a adult my father didn't let me play it more because he thought i would get scared of the Zombies at hyrule town lol...

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
I was 8 years old. I woke up one day (Early for some reason) and found two games on the table. One was Avatar: The Last Airbender, the other one was The Wind Waker. Now, I first tried Avatar, which was fun, but when I played TWW...

Holy moly.

It was one of the best video games I had ever played in my life, behind Sonic Adventure 2 and Fur Fighters. I was amazed by the graphics, which were new to me, since I hadn't played a game with cel shaded graphics. It was just awesome.

Also I wasted a half hour trying to figure out how to jump XD

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
When I was but a lad, my parents walked into my room with this new magical device. They called it a Nintendo. I figured out later that it was really called a Nintendo 64. I was only about 6 years old, and they just gave it to me for no particular reason. I believe they received it from a friend, and really had no use for it, so they handed it down to me. And guess what was the first game I ever played on that system:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Ah yes, those were some good times. Exploring the Kokiri Forest for the first time was magical, for it was the first time I ever controlled anything that ever happened on that little box in my room. Just finding 5 Rupees made me excited. And when I found the Kokiri Sword? Man, was that something. Everything back when I was a kid was so amazing, so new, and so wondrous, and it was probably the main reason I regard OoT as one of my favorite Zeldas. It wasn't just my first Zelda game. It was my first video game ever. Period.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I started playing Zelda when I was thirteen. I wasn't introduced to it, per say; I spotted Phantom Hourglass in a Best Buy and thought it looked interesting, so I bought it. I had no idea it was part of a series until I later saw Twilight Princess in a GameStop. I tried that game, and wasn't too impressed. In 9th grade, when I was fourteen, I met a friend who was also a Zelda fan, and he gave me one of his copies of Ocarina of Time. I guess I could say I really got into Zelda after I played that game at fourteen, but I played my first game when I was thirteen.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I remember seeing the original LoZ commercials on TV in 1986 and 87 so I was about five. They may have actually caused me to not want to play the game at all.

White kids rapping
[video=youtube;hehEZTOzczA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hehEZTOzczA&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Apparently the playtesters were in a psych ward
[video=youtube;DUxnF48RKVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUxnF48RKVU[/video]

Small edit: Misread the question. I played Zelda for the first time a few years after seeing this masterful marketing. Zelda II in early 1989.

Last edited:

RenaldoBush

Fellow Zelda Enthusiast
I believe I was three or five when I played my first Zelda video game, Ocarina of Time. At the time I didn't understand what was going on, all I did was run around Kokiri Forest. My Dad or Uncle got me the sword, and shield so I could at least mess around in the first dungeon. I thought it was the best game of all time, and I still think it is to this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom