• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Age Were You when You First Started Playing Zelda?

Well, my first game was Wind Waker, and that came out in March 2003; if I bought it before May 5, then I was 6, and if I bought it after May 5, then I was 7.

I was 12 when i hired OOT from the video store and i remember i had to keep re hiring it so i could beat it then i bought majoras mask and every game since

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I was 5. I looked in my closet and there was the Nintendo 64 my aunt got me for my 3rd birthday. I pulled it out, and I found the 2 games that my cousin had given me. Pikachu's Adventure (or something of that nature), and The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time.

I pulled OoT out, and it took me days to figure out what to do, what the controls were, or where to go. I got into the Deku Tree with the help of my best friends 10 year old brother, and I kept going. I didn't play consistently, but by the end of Kindergarten (probably a month or two later), I beat the 1st Dungeon. I sucked and still do suck at video games. Took me forever. I kept trucking, but didn't play consistently, as I had just got smash bros. But over time, I kept going back to it, and at my same best friend's 7th Birthday party, I turned into Adult Link. Over the next couple of years i got a gamecube and became busier and such, and by the time I turned 10, I had beaten the Spirit Temple. That was the one my cousin never got by, (as his profile was still in the 2 slot) and it meant a lot to me. After this, I sat in my room and beat the rest of the game on the last night of winter break. I finally finished it, and actually started tearing up and cried a bit. I spent almost 6 years of my life on that game, and that's why I keep playing other Zelda games. Because of Ocarina of Time.

Wind Waker was my first Zelda game, bought it in Toys R Us just after it came out in 2003 after seeing a review in ONM. I would have been about 24/25. (Yeah, most of my youth was playing Mario, Banjo Kazooie, and Donkey Kong games.)

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I was 7 at that time when I first got my own pink DS. I really loved it and I really enjoyed it so much. The DS had this one disk from A to Z where you could actually download your own games and place it inside your memory card chip thing.

One day, I was bored with my DS and that is when I decided to download a few games. I placed in the T to V disk inside and saw this: "The Legend of Zelda- Phantom Hourglass". I decided to download that game since it sounds interesting and it sounds very fun. So after I downloaded that, I removed the disk from the computer and inserted the chip inside the DS and started playing Phantom Hourglass.

At first, I was amazed by the music and the cartoon-y pixel-y graphics and that made me loved the game even more. So I made my own slot and I input my own name, instead of Link's name (since I found that name boring at first but as the years go by, I really like that name). To be honest, I didn't know the main character was a guy so I was pretty surprised that I placed my name instead of Link's name but I got used to it. So as I played PH, I certainly really enjoyed playing the game until the end and that's where I wanted more Zelda games.

So yeah, that's my story. To this day, I have Phantom Hourglass, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Minish Cap and Four Swords. I still remember when I first played my first Zelda game which is PH, it was a pretty happy experience that I got into Zelda games.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I'm relatively new to Zelda. My first game was OoT I played only a small bit and only got to Dodongos Cavern. I was either 10 or 12, I don't remember which. I then got WW when I was 13... and as they say, The rest is history. :D

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Probably at the age of 5 or 7. I first started playing Zelda with an SNES and played A Link to the Past after my cousin got it. Can't forget that day I played it..

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
My very first one was when I was around 5 or 6 years old, and it was Ocarina of Time. That was the game that made me fall in love with video games. Period. I played it all the time, any time I got bored. And I have memorized every bit and piece of it, from dungeons (yes, even the Water Temple) to Gold Skulltula locations. All 100 of them. It continues to be my favorite Zelda game I have ever played. After that was Oracle of Ages, then AlttP, then TP, then MM, and finally SS. I have never played the originals (FOR SHAME!)

Here's a sad story though: I got the N64 late in the game, so the games were hard to come across (at the time. the local game store has a bunch on display nowadays). Once I found MM in a Blockbuster and decided to rent it out. I get it home. Pop it in. And discovered it needs a Control Pack to play. You have no idea how shattered my young heart was at the time. But now I got it on VC for the Wii now, so...yeah, no harm done.

A bit off track, but still, fits the topic.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
Some time before I can remember. For my signature, I asked my parents. I think. I hope it says before I could talk, methinks. I was playing A Link to the Past, and that was the only time my cousin and I got along. "Hey Sol! Let's go try to beat the spikero guy!" Yep, that's how far we were. Trying to rescue Zelda from the basement. I remember... *places hand on forehead* We would put pillows under the three colourful cables, the Super Nintendo was a piece of s*it. Still is, only one controller works. The one horribly ducktaped. (I think I managed to misspell that.) Oh, the memories of picking up that game again. Free weekend, so I might as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom