• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Age Were You when You First Started Playing Zelda?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I was 14. I had bought myself a N64 and one of the neighborhood kids lent me their copy of OoT. I was hooked pretty much right away.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I was 4 years old. My parents bought me and my brother a SNES and it came with Super Mario World, Starwing and A Link to the Past. I think I had recently seen a movieabout knights or medieval fantasy or something, anyway, I was really into swords-and-shields type stuff at the time so the game with a sword and shield on the cover was most attractive to me. ALttP was the very first video game I ever played and I have never looked back :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well I never actually owned a Zelda game up until 2007 when I got myself Phantom Hourglass....

However I used to go round to my friends house nearly all the time and play the likes of AlttP, OoT and MM, i think i must have been around the age of 8. So even though I never owned a Zelda game till 2007, as I had been brought up with the likes of the PlayStation 1&2, I have always been familiar with the series as well as a big fan but if were going off the first time we owned a Zelda game i would have been 13 years old.

Deeds

no text
Like Spirit, I can barely remember when I first started playing it. I was probably about 3 or 4 when my brothers bought showed me the ways of ALttP, and OoT later on.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I didn't start until I was about nine, and I only REALLY got into them around age twelve. It's so frustrating that most people my age had OoT as their first game, but I had TWW. XD My parents never did and still don't like video games, so it was a dream come true when I got that GC for Christmas... but I never even owned a Nintendo 64.

I officially began playing video games when I was, like, 6 or 7, when my parents got me a GameBoy Advance for Christmas. I've been exposed to the Legend of Zelda before then, because I would always watch my mom play the original one--as well as a few other games--on the NES from time-to-time when I was younger. But, since the question was what age was I when I actually began playing, it was around probably the second year of having my GBA, and it was probably near the end of my second grade year.

A Link to the Past was my gateway drug game to the series, even though I had the opportunity to start with the Legend of Zelda--which I did start playing awhile after starting my file in the former. I don't think the true attachment to the series really sparked until third grade--which was along with my love for Hamtaro, so they kind of were, like, ever-clashing until fifth-sixth grade. That would make me about 10 when Hamtaro stopped neutralizing my love for the Legend of Zelda. xD I just never took actually beating the games seriously until I was, like, that age. xDD

But yeah... I was around 7 years of age when I started playing. I kind of like the fact that... even though I'm kind of young, I got to grow up with an NES so I still consider myself an old-school gamer. <3

bunny

birb overlord
I was about 7 when I first started playing Zelda.

It was around Christmastime, and my parents decided to take my siblings and me to the store near our house. While we were there, my brother spotted a Gamecube on sale for $60. It just happened to come with the Zelda Collector's Edition thing, and he somehow managed to talk my parents into buying it for us. I didn't really get to play it until a few days later, though. Majora's Mask was the first Zelda game I ever played... I didn't really understand what I was doing, but I thought it was fun, so I kept doing it. Eventually I got into Zelda, and by time I was 8 I could actually complete a game all the way through.

I've played a lot of games since I was little, but Zelda is the only game series I keep coming back to. I really can't see that ever changing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom