• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

what about the Zelda franchise makes it your favorite game?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
well I played wind waker as a kid and loved it, saw FSA and wanted that, saw TP and immediately wanted that, and it just kinda went from there

plus all the references to the past games in super smash bros melee got me really wanting to play the earlier games too

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Actually it started for me when I played SBB on the wii. I wasn't a gamer but liked to give it a try. I did own a DS and played some Mario games. Then I encountered Link a couple of times in smash and asked my sister -who happens to be a gamer but isn't into Zelda- who Link was. She told me he was from the Zelda franchise. I googled it and bought PH for the DS and TP for the wii. After finishing PH I wanted more and I started TP. I didn't even finish TP back then until almost 2 years later. But in the meantime I played and finished OoT, ST, WW and was hooked for life. This never happened to me before with any gaming franchise and probably never will

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
As a kid, Zelda was always this franchise that I looked at from a distance, but didn't have the chance to play for one reason or another. I ended up trying Ocarina of Time on the Wii VC when I was about 10, and from there my interest only increased. I pre-ordered SS the next year and would eventually play OoT3D as well. The rest is history, so to speak. I would eventually play WW and TP, both excellent games as well.

Tbh, for a few years, but interest in the series was almost nonexistent. But BotW really pulled me back in with how exciting the exploration was. That open-world experience reminded me of what I enjoyed about WW (previously my favorite Zelda game) and made me a fan again.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
When my dad was playing through Twilight Princess, he rented a copy of the Hyrule Historia. I read the entire thing, fell in love with the artwork, and pestered my parents for over a year before they got me OoT3D. I've always wanted to be a gamer, but Zelda was one of the few game series I was actually able to do well at.
One of the main aspects I enjoy about TLoZ is the areas and puzzles. Since I was never good at gaming myself, I've always helped my dad when he's playing to solve the puzzles and navigate the map since he's not too good at that. So that's always been my strong suit, and learning the fighting aspect was mega easy. I've been playing for 2 years now, and I'm at 10 beaten games.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
It was all about the music and character design (Especially in Twilight Princess), but what really launched my love for the game was a cutscene in the story mode of Super Smash Bros. Brawl where Link pulls out the Master Sword as the awesome rendition of The Legend of Zelda theme plays in the background. I remember I got so interested after that moment that I decided to purchase The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii and ever since I started playing it I have been a fan.

Last edited:
I feel like the thread title and content is a little different but I'll answer both. Zelda has always been a Top 3 franchise for me, and I'd say from 2009 to 2014 or so it was my undisputed favorite. Mario and Halo are the other franchises vying for the first place in my heart. What sets it apart from other franchises for me is the dungeon design and music. I love exploring these giant labyrinths and the soundtracks in Zelda add so much to their atmosphere. Who can forget the eerie executioner like music of the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time? Story is a third pillar for me but not as important as the other two. I feel like Zelda stories are straightforward but I like a good twist even if I can predict the ending. One that I have always loved is Ganondorf killing one of the sages in Twilight Princess in that flashback scene after the Arbiter's Grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom