• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What a shame!

I love BotW with a passion, played it so many times now and never tire of it!
What I find a shame is that you get right through the game all you have left to do is kill Ganon and then......WOW! You get a motorbike to play on!
WHAT? A motorbike! I’ve been scratching around with bows, arrows and swords etc cooking over an open fire and then this!
Oh well here I go again, got to get off this Plateau!

Glad someone loves it. This place seems a hotbed of hatred. I guess it's just you and me.

The master cycle zero is a textbook demonstration of why gold skulltula style quests front load the important rewards. What's the point of a game changing reward right at the end when there's no game left to change?

I think it's under the assumption that people will continue exploring the world after doing everythingt here is to do. Which, of course, there is some appeal to this; Breath of the Wild does have a very beautiful overworld that is very fun to explore and take in. But, also, there's not much to actually do outside of aimless wandering--no legitimate secrets or puzzles outside of koroks. I personally think it's better to explore on foot in general, because you're gonna have to dismount in order to investigate anything anyway.

I never completed the Champions Ballad but I never really felt unfulfilled not having the bike. Visually it does look nice, but even if they gave it to you earlier, I'm not sure I would have used it. I barely used horses because they're so limited as to where they can go, and the bike has the same issue.

It's a good concept, but poorly executed. Breath of the Wild was a good game for experimenting with some ideas though. Perhaps we'll see these things better fleshed out in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom