• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What 3 Would You Pick?

Nicole

luke is my wife
Imagine this: You are Link (or Tingle, or whoever, etc.), and you are about to go into battle. It doesn't matter who you're fighting, because they'll probably kick your butt anyway. If you were to have a sliver of hope of winning the battle, what 3 items would you bring with you to fight? They can be any items from the Zelda series, equippable items, upgradable items, swords or shields, etc.

I would bring the Master Sword, the Hero's Bow, and Bombs. The Master Sword would be useful in close ranged combat, while the bow would allow for long ranged attacks. And the bombs would always be useful for some extra pop. *devilishgrin*

So what about you? If you were to go into battle as Link, what three items would you bring, and why?

EDIT: Hah, per Djinn's request: Triforce DOES NOT count as a useable item. :P

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
Should probably say something like Triforce cannot be chosen at the beginning. People might take advantage of that one.

Bottle of Great Fairy's Tears, Magical Sword, the older one that shoots lasers, and the wizzrobe wand. That should give me a decent enough advantage with long and close range while the tears will heal everything if I get into too much trouble. The sword is good for both long and close range and is reasonably powerful enough to take on most enemies around. The wand is a perfect unlimited supply of magical shots that are about half as powerful as the sword and cannot penetrate armor. Even then it can do most jobs nicely. The fairy's tears will both heal and increase sword power for long enough to get the job done.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
After careful and strategic consideration (yeah, suuure):

- Master Sword: Pretty much a standard, good for hacking and slashing most things, including magic attacks.
- Grandma's Soup: This stuff's great at healing, fills up your magic as well as giving you the edge, and there's two helping in there.
- Bunny Hood: The extra speed it lends would be very helpful when dodging attacks, and by the sounds of it that's something you'd need (if it's a butt-whooping enemy).

Though I realise that kinda leaves me open if the enemy required a long-range weapon to take it down. I dunno... I suppose I could always chuck the Master Sword at it instead, AC:B style. EDIT: Or just be smart like Djinn, and pick a sword with the beam attack. D'oh. My get-out clause is that the MS from the Oracles games did have the beam attack, as did the one from LttP. So it counts ¬¬

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
the master sword a horse whistle ad a bow and arrows
the master sword reasons stated above
the horse whistle to make a quick get a way if i see no why of winning (if more closed in area fairy tears)
bow reasons stated above

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I would take the great fairy's tears, the bow, and bombs. (Unless Epona counts as an item and not just being there, in which case I would substitute her for great fairy's tears) I would just ride around on Epona and shoot bomb arrows at everybody. :)

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I'd bring the Master Sword for close combat, the longshot for ranged combat (that way I can't run out of arrows), and the mirror shield for defense (and it would come in handy if my opponent launched magical attacks).

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I would be Tingle to bring some fabulousness to the scene. My fighting tactic would be launching up my air balloon and throwing bombs at everyone, and then steal their rupies.

Code:
</thread>

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Chateau Romani, Din's Fire, and Nayru's Love.

That way I can drink the Chateau Romani and infinitely cast Din's Fire to burn the enemy eventually to death & Nayru's Love so I'd never take damage.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
Does Midna count as an item? :P

I would probably pick the master sword, the heros bow, and maybe like the double clawshots.

I know its sorta similar to others but the master sword would be for close combat, the heros bow for ranged combat, and the double clawshots to make a get away or use them as a secondary ranged weapon when the bow ran out of arrows.

Slingshot (b/c it would remind me of my days as a young lad)
Great Fairy Mask (b/c who wouldn't want to look their prettiest while vanquishing their enemies)
Bottle (b/c I like to store the beating hearts of my enemies moments after their defeat as a keepsake)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom