• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What 2D Zelda Game Would You Like to See Remade As a 3d Game?

What Handheld Zelda Game Would You Like To See Remade As A 3D Game?

• The Minish Cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Four Swords

• A Link To The Past

• Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• Link's Awakening

• The Legend of Zelda

• Adventure of Link

• Four Swords Adventures

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I say 3D I mean games such as SS, OOT, MM, TWW etc.

EDIT: THE POLL SHOULD HAVE SAID 2D/ANY OVERHEAD GAME. SORRY. So just pretend it does

Edit2: Hey guys, sorry I forgot to add a "None" option. I was in a hurry and wasn't thinking because I wanted to see what everyone would say. Sorry

Last edited:
I personally would like to see Link's Awakening remade. I can't quite grasp why, but that particular entry in the series really spoke to me emotionally. Seeing the story unfold again with an extra dimension would be interesting.

I added a poll, so make sure to vote

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Not sure when FSA, TLoZ, AoL, and ALttP became handhelds... especially FSA... but okay! XD

My choice is DEFINITELY Link's Awakening. People who know me well know that LA is one of my favorite games just in general in the series. I would love to see the incredible emotion and characters it sports upgraded in full 3D glory. However, if we're including all 2D games, I think any of them -- particularly the older games -- would be pretty interesting to see in 3D. I'd love to see how Nintendo handled that transition. (Of course, we have ALBW now, but still... wouldn't it be pretty cool to hear an orchestrated version of some of the older games' full soundtracks?)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'm going to have to say The Minish Cap. It was between that and ALttP because both games to me have great over worlds that I would love to see in 3D, and they are both stellar Zelda Titles (both in my top 5). However, I feel TMC is more suited to be a 3D title because it has more NPCs and laid out in-game story than ALttP, and how amazing would it be to be Minish size in a 3D world? Everything around you would look soooo biggg

Not sure when FSA, TLoZ, AoL, and ALttP became handhelds... especially FSA... but okay! XD

Oops! I should have typed 2D/overhead. I played TLOZ and AOL (haven't beaten yet) on the gba, so that why I probabally put that haha

Is there a way to edit the poll? If not, I'll just edit the original post

Clank

Hmm
Quite honestly I don't really think any, and I think that if any were done that they should be done by a different studio, I mean Nintendo made the game, let another studio have a chance at adding their ideas and making the game a lot better.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I would not want to see any of the 2D Zelda titles to be remade into a 3D version themselves.

As strange as it is, I prefer many of the top-down view installments over the "modern" games out now.There is no real way for me to explain it, but maybe I am naturally allured to how games looked and played back in the day. everything was very simple: a few buttons to press, screens that barely panned, and puzzles and areas that *usually* aren't complex enough to navigate to completion. Plus, the music is catchier in a low-tech kind of way. I appreciate 2D games for what they are now and it is completely unnecessary to change their mechanics to suit a third-person perspective.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Zelda II.

I'm not even joking, this game had so much potential and greatness but the difficulty shot it down. Sure, it's different, but I like different. It mixes things up a bit so your not playing the same thing over and over again. It's sad that none of the concepts in Zelda II were used again. I say they should either remake it in 3D or make a new 3D that's very similar to it.

Fig

The Altruist
I know I can only choose for only one Zelda game to be remade in 3D, but it would be amazing if we can see them all remastered in 3D!!! That said, I don't think every 2D Zelda should be remastered just for the sake to be in 3D. Though a fan can always dream correct? uwu Personally I would love to see the original Legend of Zelda be fully remade in a 3D world only because it would be wonderful to see the very first game of the series take a step that its successors have made to impact the franchise. A 3D The Legend of Zelda remake?! Ooh, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
The Minish Cap has a lot of potential to be remade on the 3DS, and I'm surprised they haven't jumped at this opportunity yet. The majority of the Zelda games listed in the poll are available in the E-Shop, so people have access to them constantly, whereas TMC was only available for a limited amount of time before it was removed. Furthermore, I'd strongly disapprove of an ALttP remake, as it just got a sequel. Then again, I'm not sure if a 2D title will be remade into 3D anytime soon, as the majority of the fandom seems to be rather adamant about a MM remake on the 3DS and Zelda U.

MW7

Oracle of Ages would be my pick. I feel like a 3d remake would give the designers free-reign to make the most confusing game in the series. Oracle of Ages is a common pick for the most mentally challenging Zelda game, and adding another dimension to the mix would likely add to the confusion. Of course this assumes that they retain the puzzle emphasis of the original game. I'm also assuming that by "remake" we mean that the game doesn't have to be exactly the same; otherwise the game couldn't add 3d oriented puzzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom