• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What’s your favorite sauce?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
You know, that liquid stuff you put on top of food? What’s your favorite kind?
Mine has to be A1 sauce. It has a very unique flavor that goes great with any meat. Texas Pete and Sriracha sauce are also some great hot sauces; Texas Pete with a more vinegary taste, and Sriracha with a more sweet taste. Of course, these are here in America. What about wherever you are?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I love most sauces for various things. Sometimes I dip my steak in a mixture of A1 Sauce and Ketchup. I'm a pretty big fan of hot sauces, and I've tried different brands and levels of spice - I always liked Texas Pete, Tabasco is ok, but I prefer other hot sauces to it. Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce is amazing, everytime I make wings I spread it on a few, also mixing it with ranch to make a buffalo ranch sauce is to die for. Lately I've been using Cholula Original, I've never had it before, but it's pretty good so I'm glad I tried it.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Marinara sauce is a favorite of mine. Especially at my local Italian restaurant, Ledo's. Their marinara sauce has a nice sweetness that goes perfectly with dishes like spaghetti or their excellent pizza.

I also am quite fond of the sweet and sour sauce used at the local Chinese restaurant. It's made from artificial ingredients and is full of sugar, but I love the taste. Sweet and sour chicken is my go-to takeout dish.

Mmm...now I'm hungry.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I love chipotle sauces like the spicy chipotle from Taco Bell or southwest chipotle from Subway. Also love Zesty sauce from Burger King though that's not chipotle based.

Any mayo based sauce/aioli is great.

Bulls Eye barbecue specifically is good.

Garlic sauce is nice with pizza sometimes.

I just really love sauces.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I do not eat any sort of sauce or gravy. I just don't like it :shrugs:
I've got very sensetive tastebuds, so most things taste a lot to me even without extra flavor added, so I'm fine with that

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I am surprised no one has mentioned Jerk Sauce (phrasing, boom) :D, No but seriously it is awesome, if anything it tastes like a really peppery Kansas City-Style BBQ Sauce, this sauce got me thinking of an Idea for a dish where I make a batch of meatballs, but instead of covering them in a tomato sauce or a gravy (as found in Swedish Meatballs) I would cover them in Jerk Sauce (phrasing) :D.

You know, that liquid stuff you put on top of food? What’s your favorite kind?
Mine has to be A1 sauce. It has a very unique flavor that goes great with any meat. Texas Pete and Sriracha sauce are also some great hot sauces; Texas Pete with a more vinegary taste, and Sriracha with a more sweet taste. Of course, these are here in America. What about wherever you are?
Interesting you mention Texas Pete I live in the city where that sauce was developed, where the company is headquartered and where it's manufactured.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Depends on the food. I don't like steak sauce on my steaks, I love BBQ sauce for brisket, gravy's great on mashed potatoes and turkey as well.

Ketchup can provide a necessary tang, and mayonnaise (not the devilish, heretical, and awful Miracle Whip) provides some much needed moisture for a sandwich.

Also, fry sauce is also a regional thing in my area, and is quite necessary on fries and finger steaks. :)

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Depends on what I am eating:

Sweet Baby Rays BBQ for meats

Tarter sauce for fried fish

Ketchup for fries if needed (If the fry is really good no sauce required)

Marinara for mozzarella cheese sticks, jalapeno poppers and onion rings (BBQ sauce also good for rings)

Pepper or Chili
So far I can do Habanero, but I want to do hotter eventually.

For pasta I just use tomato paste in the cooking as tomato sauce is all sugar and no taste.
Or for something different I might use Aioli instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom