• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What’s one forgotten mechanic you wish they brought back?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
It’s always kinda sad to see a mechanic that was really fun never come back, especially when it’s a forgotten one. What is your favorite forgotten mechanic and why?

My personal favorite were the reward orbs from Windwaker that occasionally dropped from defeated enemies. It was always fun getting a little supply package, and it’s always so satisfying to pick up a bunch of items with a spin attack.

Attacking while running (or rolling)
Sword arts
Old dungeon design (I hate the Divine Beasts in BoTW.)
Magic (as other members said I too think it needs to be expanded. For me it felt so satisfying to use Din's Fire for example)
Honorable Mention: Companion (I want someone like Midna or KoRL or even Zelda from ST I think all of them were really great. I didn't find Fi that annoying and she was really interesting for me but I'd love someone not so tutorial-ly)

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I'm just gonna say that adding Magic to Zelda would make it seem so un-Zelda like.
I know Magic is literally in the first Zelda games but still. It's been so long gone, that Magic
would turn the Zelda games into any other game like it - literally too many to name.
I feel a big reason why Zelda FEELS Zelda-ish is because there is no magic. Or the magic that is there,
is very limited - great fairies are out of our control, or the magic is retained to a meter that can be applied
to items (like arrows or spin attacks) in general.

Bringing a wand to Zelda would be disasterous. I'm thinking Kammy Koopa from Paper Mario. No thanks.
Elder Scrolls. Nah. Keep Zelda magic-free, or magic-limited, or so discreet we can't realzie it's magic (like the charged spin moves
for example).

As for what mechanic I miss? I actually enjoy blowing or yelling into a mic like on the DS. That's be cool to have voice
commands in modern console Zelda games.
[I've said Zelda too many times]

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I'm just gonna say that adding Magic to Zelda would make it seem so un-Zelda like.
I know Magic is literally in the first Zelda games but still. It's been so long gone, that Magic
would turn the Zelda games into any other game like it - literally too many to name.
I feel a big reason why Zelda FEELS Zelda-ish is because there is no magic. Or the magic that is there,
is very limited - great fairies are out of our control, or the magic is retained to a meter that can be applied
to items (like arrows or spin attacks) in general.

Bringing a wand to Zelda would be disasterous. I'm thinking Kammy Koopa from Paper Mario. No thanks.
Elder Scrolls. Nah. Keep Zelda magic-free, or magic-limited, or so discreet we can't realzie it's magic (like the charged spin moves
for example).

As for what mechanic I miss? I actually enjoy blowing or yelling into a mic like on the DS. That's be cool to have voice
commands in modern console Zelda games.
[I've said Zelda too many times]

Magic is in every game in the series, usually in the form of magic items and magic potions, but spells have shown up in multiple games (the latest to have them in some form is BotW). And wands have been in most of them, including BotW; BotW actually has the most wands of any game to date.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I agree with Magic. I feel like it was perfectly acceptable. But at this point I'm unsure how they can even bring it back into play.

Theres still traces of "magic" in BOTW, Wizzrobes staffs the shiekah slate and the divine beasts even Ganon is semi magical, the issue is they seem to be favoring technological "magic" more so,but even if they brought back just Din's Fire that'd be pretty solid, we've got Mipha's Grace and the Teleportation rune which removes the need for the other magics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom