• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What’s one forgotten mechanic you wish they brought back?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Theres still traces of "magic" in BOTW, Wizzrobes staffs the shiekah slate and the divine beasts even Ganon is semi magical, the issue is they seem to be favoring technological "magic" more so,but even if they brought back just Din's Fire that'd be pretty solid, we've got Mipha's Grace and the Teleportation rune which removes the need for the other magics.
I think what most people mean by “magic” is the magic meter. I’d love to see it again Zelda 2 style, where you could enhance it similar to the stamina meter in BotW

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think what most people mean by “magic” is the magic meter. I’d love to see it again Zelda 2 style, where you could enhance it similar to the stamina meter in BotW
The magic meter was what I had in mind as well. I think it'd be cool to see Link using truly magical items again. I'm not sure about going the Zelda 2 route, I always thought it was weird that Link was using magic like he was a sorceror practically but then that concept was cast aside.

Maybe not quite functional anymore but I always loved the puzzles in Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks that utilized the DS's full capabilities. (Mic uses, closing the screen, sketching paths for things)
Maybe in BOTW 2 they could do something inventive with the Joycons (maybe play one handed briefly Pokemon Let's go style whilst the other remains stationary)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom