• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Were You Dissapointed by Morpha?

Were you dissapointed by Morpha?

• Yes, this boss was dissapointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I enjoyed this boss.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I want to see people's opinions on the Water Temple's boss, Morpha. After returning to Zora's Domain as an adult and discovering that a foul creature at the bottom of Lake Hylia was responsible for freezing nearly the entire Zora population under ice, I had extremely high expectations for the third temple's boss. This expectation only increased as I worked my way through the Water Temple, which is ultimately one of my favorite Zelda dungeons.

I cannot express how disappointed I was when I finally got to see Morpha. Seriously, a little bouncing ball the size of Link's head? The fight itself also felt boring and repetitive. Quite an upset at the end of an epic dungeon. :(

What do others think?

Din Akera

Sniper
I love Morpha. I guess more I love the idea of Morpha. And to this day (after playing OoT more times than I can count) she is still one of only two bosses that can get a hit in on me. I love the tenticles. She grabs you, constricts you and throws you across the freaking room! She has pretty good aim too. I usually find myself landing on the spike strip at the edges of the room.

Yes, I will agree it is fairly repetitive, but I feel that way about all the bosses in OoT. It is a process that you have to continue to do to win. If anything though, comparing Morpha's fight to the other bosses, she changes it up more, and I would argue it is one of the least repetitive fights in the game. I like the idea of the ameba that could control the water. SPOILER: and her upgrades in TP were very cool!

I like Morpha quite a bit. :)

Disappointed with Morpha, eh? Um... well, it was an unusual boss. And given the exceptional difficulty and complexity of the Water Temple, in a way the boss was a bit too easy.

But overall I liked the boss. Actually, a lot of the bosses in Ocarina of Time surprised me, they weren't what I was expecting, you know? And I think that's a good thing. Morpha was a bit anti-climactic, being a weird little amoeba ball, but the fact that you were essentially fighting an entire pool of evil water was pretty scary.

If any boss disappointed me when I fought them, it was probably Bongo Bongo. And not because he was too easy or anything, just because he was so weird and odd when I was expected something really bad-*** for the Shadow Temple. Although even with him, I warmed up to him a lot later on.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Eh it was a little bit too easy since you go through a very annoying temple and at the end they give you this unusual boss that was easy.Its like they thought since we made this temple very annoying lets give the person a break with a very easy boss.

LinkandI, I agree that once you find the weakness of a boss the fight becomes repetitive. However, with almost every boss in the game, I felt very engaged throughout the whole battle. I'd be running around dodging attacks, looking for an attack angle, etc. With Morpha, I felt like it was more of a waiting game. I would literally stand still waiting for it to form a tentacle and then longshot it. Since you could only get one or two swipes in at a time, this became very redundant. I felt like most of the fight I was just standing still.

Axle, "anti-climatic" is the perfect word to describe how I feel about Morpha. I agree that a lot of the bosses were unexpected...unexpected in a good way except for the Water Temple.

Din Akera

Sniper
LinkandI, I agree that once you find the weakness of a boss the fight becomes repetitive. However, with almost every boss in the game, I felt very engaged throughout the whole battle. I'd be running around dodging attacks, looking for an attack angle, etc. With Morpha, I felt like it was more of a waiting game. I would literally stand still waiting for it to form a tentacle and then longshot it. Since you could only get one or two swipes in at a time, this became very redundant. I felt like most of the fight I was just standing still.

Alright, I see what you mean and yes, I can agree. The fight is paced quite slow in comparison to others. (that's what you mean?)

Yes, compared to others it is slow, but that's not my main problem. My main issue is just the boss itself. For example, King Dodongo is so easy that it is almost unfair, but he is still a giant fire-breathing dinosaur which is pretty cool. With Morpha, not only is the fight really easy and slow, but you're also just fighting a little bouncing basketball. I guess I was expecting a giant creepy squid whipping his tentacles mercilessly at Link.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
im pretty sure ganondorf freezed zoras domain over, and morpha was responcible for draining lake hylia. but i was definately dissapointed, here is the most challenging temple in the game, the most complicated, puzzling dungeon, and normally bosses reflect their dungeons, but he was easier than ghoma! i wasnt expecting anything, i wouldnt be able to figure out what i may expect, i just expected i would have to think how to beat this boss... for me he was a dissapointment, it would be fine if he was harder, like if there were other enemies in the water or if he did something other than swim through his own tentacles. maby if he was armoured or he had more than one stage, or if his tentacles formed on there own. just, make him harder.

linkman8

True and Noble
It wasn't really disappointing, but as far as I'm concerned, it balanced out a very difficult dungeon, so by the time I got to it I was ready to kill something. It just so happened it ended up being easy to kill.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
Well, morpha can control water. So imagine if you were fighting him in a room with waterfalls, whirlpools, huge waves... you catch my drift? He has some potential, but yes, I did find it a little disappointing.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I enjoyed Morpha. I didn't really have very high expectations for it seeing as it was the one of my earliest Zelda experiences. And I find the idea of an ameoba that can control water very interesting. Not to mention, Morpha is hard. And yes I know about the corner trick, but I stay on the platforms exclusively during the fight by choice as not to be cheap.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
No, not really.

The first time I fought him, I found him to be one of those most difficult bosses, because he kept ramming me into things. I couldn't figure out how to dodge him, or hit fast enough with my Longshot. But he did go down quickly with the Biggoron's Sword, though, so it only took me a few tries to manage to yank him out twice.

When I figured out I could stand on the edge, he's easy AND fast with the Biggoron's sword. After a temple like the Water Temple, and a mini-boss that dodges as well as Dark Link, I think I've earned an easy boss. :)

Axle, "anti-climatic" is the perfect word to describe how I feel about Morpha. I agree that a lot of the bosses were unexpected...unexpected in a good way except for the Water Temple.
I guess that's a good point you have there. The fight was kind of like that. Ultimately, I suppose, for a boss that was basically all the water in the room, the fight was a lot less than it could have been, like TheSerpent alluded to. So I guess you're right in that.

One of my last times through the game I inexplicably had trouble fighting Morpha, and had to use many fairies, but I think that was just because I got so impatient waiting for him that I got myself hit a lot. :xd:

im pretty sure ganondorf freezed zoras domain over, and morpha was responcible for draining lake hylia.
I don't remember any reference about Ganondorf freezing Zora's Domain. I think they said something about the monster in the Water Temple doing it, which would have to be Morpha. However, I'm not sure if they said that exactly...

Alright, I just looked it up on Zelda Wiki, and this is a direct quote: "This ice is created by an evil curse... The monster in the Water Temple is the source of the curse. Unless you shut off the source, this ice will never melt..."

So, the curse froze Zora's Domain, but the curse was caused by Morpha. :)

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I put yes, purely because it lacked the kind of monsterous finesse that other bosses held.
It was effectively and literally, fighting water.

Having said that, it was still very entertaining to fight.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The idea of Morpha, an eye that controls water, was a great one, but it was just too easy to beat. I mean every other boss in OoT made you think while fighting. Although it was a breath of fresh air to see something easy after that long temple, not to say that I didn't enjoy the water temple, but it was still depressing. I think what they did to it in TP was a great improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom