• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Were you disappointed with the portrayal of the Sheikah in BotW

We'd long been wanting a Sheikah focussed Zelda game and we finally got it in BotW but did you like them?

They had a feudal ninja thing gling on and an alien corpse thing going on for the monks.

The information we got of them contrasted with other lore, theyre no longer a clan but a race and came back from extinction at somepoint to thrive in Hyrule before C. Ganon messed them up again.

Did BotW give you enough Sheikah action or did you want more or for them to be handled differently?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Wanted more! More story content to do with them and more to do with their breakaways, The Yiga.

I have always been intrigued by the Sheikah as they have been such a mysterious people but I felt even greater things should have been done with them.

I hope that if they do appear again their history is elaborated on and they are fleshed out even more.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I hope that if they do appear again their history is elaborated on and they are fleshed out even more.
By now I think it'd be better if ninty just left well enough alone and maintained the mystery.

I was disappointed. No surprise there. BotW's Sheikah are nothing like OoT. They were nothing like OoT in suckwart skort either - and by "they" I mean Impa because the SS had about as much to do with the Sheikah as it did anything else. What happened to the enigmatic mystic ninja secret agents of OoT? nevermind that it's difficult for me to take them seriously when they're painted in bright happy neon.

Reactions: Dio

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
it seem like they were just there for a guide to say oh go find your memories then built up a village and people and breakaway clan.....not really thought about history....

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I didn't like how...public they were. They should have been an underground clan, hidden from the view of commoners in Kakariko.

Ninja

Well well well
Did BotW give you enough Sheikah action or did you want more or for them to be handled differently?

I really enjoyed what we got as far as the Sheikah goes. It would have been nice to be involved with major battles between them and the Yiga clan. In the game, Dorian's wife was murdered by the Yiga because he left the clan. You get none of that ruthlessness and tenacity from their leader. I would have loved to see Dorian plead his case to Impa, who would the ask Link to lead them in a charge to eliminate the Yiga for good. I was really disappointed in Master Kohga. He should have been a terrifying foe to do battle with, however all we got was a dumbed-down version of Zant and an anti-climatic battle.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I liked the idea of the Sheikah dividing into them and the YIGA, but overall hated the way the Sheikah were portrayed in Breath of The Wild.

I always kinda hated the Sheikah (Mostly Impa) even before Breath of The Wild, but the fact that the Sheikah clan is no longer a group of 2, hidden away for the safety of the world, but instead a blossoming community that is in no way hiding from danger.

That's why I never go to Kakariko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom