• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Were You Annoyed by This?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Personal fail: I had the 600-rupee wallet, and I had 547 rupees. I was in Sky City and there was a chest with a purple rupee with a poe next to it. While defeating the poe I inadvertently picked up a blue rupee. When I opened the chest, I was "WHY U NO LET ME WASTE 2 RUPEES?" So 5 minutes later I come back thinking I missed a piece of heart and opened up the same chest. My explosion rivaled that of the fireworks that were just starting.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Very much so! Just last night while playing TP, I was so annoyed that I had to leave behind SO many rupees, yet I knew that I would need them -__- who wants to go back to a dungeon for rupees? I sure do not!

I agree that this was very annoying. I mean the game is trying to help you out for the side quests coming up and probably the armor too, but it was still annoying!

masterSword2

Smile!
I did find myself very annoyed by this. it made me a lot less eager opening chests knowing that all i was going to get was knowing what was in the chest and if i actually wanted it id have to waste time later in the game to track down the rupees i had to leave behind

Beeker

Wild Card
I wasn't too annoyed by this. Maybe a little more in the dungeons, but since there are so many Rupees in other spots of the game, I'd just leave them be. I'd only go back if I absolutely needed them and didn't want to grind.
If there was anything I was annoyed with, it was the constant 'you got a blue/yellow rupee' message every time the game got booted up.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
It didn't bug me that much other than when I was trying to find a key and found a useless rupee or recovery heart. Other than that having those chests on the map didn't bug me because it was just rupees. It always annoyed me in the overworld that sometimes you forget and open the chest and get like a purple rupee or whatever and then you don't even need 50. But later when you could do with that money for whatever reason, you have no rupee chests.

Terminus

It didn't bug me that much other than when I was trying to find a key and found a useless rupee or recovery heart. Other than that having those chests on the map didn't bug me because it was just rupees. It always annoyed me in the overworld that sometimes you forget and open the chest and get like a purple rupee or whatever and then you don't even need 50. But later when you could do with that money for whatever reason, you have no rupee chests.

There weren't recovery hearts in chests in TP. OoT, yes, TP, No.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I hated just having these chests that contained rupees altogether. I mean, why make everything more expensive AND give you more rupees?? It annoyed me in Skyward Sword, too, which I played before TP, that there were spots that were just like, "Oh, here's a chest in plain sight that requires nothing to be done, and there's a rupee inside, take it!!" and then Nintendo thought, "Oh, well it's pretty easy to get rupees in this game, the merchandise should really be more expensive." So that pointlessness bugged me, along with if you were ever looking for a key or something, so you're targeting all of the chests in the dungeon and there's ONE chest with a key in it and a bunch that they force you to go to just with rupees in them (that is mostly just theory, though, since it was very rare that I ever had to scour the dungeon for a key in TP and it was a nonexistent circumstance in SS. It's interesting to hear people's opinions, though. It didn't annoy a lot of people, which surprises me.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Were you annoyed that when Link finds more rupees in a chest, but your wallet is completely full of rupees, so you couldn't keep them and had to put them back?

Yes, I was annoyed by this. Why would I backtrack through previous dungeons only to get a blue or red rupee? It made no sense on why they would do that. At first I thought it was rather convenient, but I realized it would only become a hassle to collect.

Yeah, I didn't bother me all that much in the overworld...but in the dungeons, ugh. You think it's like a key or map, NOPE. It's some friggen rupees.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Nope, I loved how they let you put back the Rupees. What annoyed me before was that in earlier games, I'd have a full wallet, and then I'd pick up a Silver Rupee. I'd much rather keep it the way they handled it in TP. I do like opening chests.

Terminus

ya there aren't any in TP. Today i needed 49 rupees to buy the magic armor and guess what i found. a 50 rupee and it made me put it back. Then I when and gave Trill the extra one I couldn't find the bleeping chest!

Logically you would have had 549 rupees. You must'a had 551. Don't you just hate that? AND the magic armor usually leaves you with 2 rupees. Why 2 of all things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom