• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Were You Annoyed by This?

What annoyed was the fact that it tells you what kind of ruppee you got and every single time after that. I liked it when you get one type of the rupee and it tells you only once. I think you'd know after that, especially if you've played a Zelda game before. Skyward did annoy me with the entire bug counting and rupee thing too. I can't remember if skyward sword did the same annoying rupee thing our not but there was definitely less rupee chests because of all the other items. And some of the chests are all hard to get to and then it's like you got 20 rupees! Ya, like I needed that.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Well they did this so you don't waste rupees like in every Zelda game before, but as you guys say it's annoying (I can agree but I never really ran into any rupee problems, but I understand where your coming from). But in Skyward Sword they just made a wallet as big as a fat man's face so this wouldn't happen.

i dont find it that annoying i mean you may not have enough room to pick it up but do you want to waste a perfectly good purple rupee?

also i realy thought this would be about OH i turned the game off, or oh i had a power failure, oh i accidently quit, so logically i dont know how much a blue rupee is worth any more

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
Yes!!! That was really, really annoying, i mean i would check my map and spend 20 min getting to a chest to open it and find rupees which i then put back.

ChuyMasta

Starved Stripper Knight
This was the reason I got the Magic Armor as soon as possible.

Whenever I ran out of space in my wallet, I'd equip the armor, blow up myself with some bombs and then collect the ruppees inside.

Painful, but effective. No chest was unopened!

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It only ever annoyed me in Twilight Princess whenever there was nothing to spend the money on, and this was ALL of the time. If you're doing a completion run which includes opening all chests, you may backtrack the expansive world, assuming you did NOT open some chest but in reality you did. Putting money back in the chest is unnerving; just place the left over money on the ground or have it consumed without raising your rupee count -- that's how it was in Ocarina, Wind Waker and basically every game preceding TP.

MW7

I guess it's better than the alternative of opening a chest with a full wallet and wasting the rupees. It did annoy me though. They definitely could have handled it better in a variety of ways such as coming up with something else to put in the chests, making the wallet bigger, and/or making money more useful. Not being able to upgrade the wallet until beating two dungeons was part of the problem as well probably.

I liked how the rupees weren't wasted. I've never tried to do a completion run in a Zelda game, but I can see how it would be annoying if I was. I think it would have been better if we could mark the chest on the map, like how we could make notes on the maps in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. That way, we could just look at the map and know that there's a rupee in that chest without having to go to the chest. Be even better if we could look at a dungeon map when we're outside of the dungeon.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
That annoyed me so much. Twilight Princess, like Caleb says, has an overabundance of Rupees. Although it did make me not waste rupees, when I wanted to find the chests with rupees, I could never find the chests. It drove me insane.

It would be cool if they made it so you can have however many your wallet can fit, but instead of it having a cash limit it has a capacity limit. you can have 999 green rupees, but you could also have 999 red rupees which would be more. it would be cool to manage your currency in the game. and you can mix and match like 998 green rupees and one silver rupee. just examples of my idea. Say you are in a cave with a full wallet and you stumble upon a orange rupee. you can drop a green rupee for the orange to fit.

That's a great idea. In Phantom Hourglass you could technically hold infinite rupees. You could hold 9999, that takes you about the entire game to gather up. I can't remember if you could hold up to that much rupees in Spirit Tracks though.

The managing currency idea is a great. I've always thought about it myself. How does Link pay for everything? If something costs 300 rupees does he give a Gold Rupee (SS) or not? I'd definitely love to see you managing you rupees in a new Zelda game. I can almost see it. :)

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The big issue is that it is impossible to get a wallet with a decent size unless you spend hours combing Hyrule Field for those damn bugs. Plus, there's nothing but the Magic Armor that you can spend any money on. I'd rather just have the 20-and-below denominations just tossed. Because there's no way in hell I'm hunting through Hyrule Castle for 5 goddamn rupees.

That's a great idea. In Phantom Hourglass you could technically hold infinite rupees. You could hold 9999, that takes you about the entire game to gather up. I can't remember if you could hold up to that much rupees in Spirit Tracks though.

I succeeded in getting that much cash in PH, but it wasn't worth it.

I don't think being forced to put rupees back was a bad thing, at first it did annoy me but then i found out that the magic armour needed rupees to function, not that i used it, but for those who did then being able to find extra rupees that you weren't allowed to have earlier could mean the difference between life and death in the game through the use of magical armour.

Its also kind of helpful if you haven't done the poe sidequest too.

However if they hadn't have taken the magic meter out then we wouldnt need to scour the land for rupees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom