• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Were You a 'Bad Kid' When You Were Younger?

I wouldn't say I was a bad kid when I was little, but I used to be the smart ass and the know-it-all type. I was always told that I was wise beyond my years, but I was also called a smart aleck seeing as I tended to 'debate' with adults all the time. In my elementary school, I was known as /the/ class clown of grades 2-5, up until I moved to Michigan for good and those 'big city' kids put me in my place. (lol)

So, what about you? Were you a 'bad kid'? Did you give your parents/teachers/babysitters a hard time when you were a [little] kid?

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Yes. Although it was mainly because the American education system is ****ed up to the point where they would scold me for questioning what I was being taught and where I wasn't allowed to think for myself.

Nowadays I argue a lot but I wouldn't say I'm a bad kid. I just enjoy debate. It's how my personality works. Although I can be a smart-ass, it's only when I'm joking or when someone is messing with me or someone else.

Last edited:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Not really. As a child, I was always well behaved, whether I was at home, school, or a friend's place. Of course that doesn't mean I didn't have a fair share of stubbornness and 'smart aleck' behaviour moments!

I think I might have been a bit too nice in school when I was younger. I just didn't want to deal with anyone giving me crap. I swear my fifth grade teacher had bipolar when it came to me because one day she would praise my writing or test scores, and the next she would constantly try to get me in trouble. After that, I became a bit more quiet and reserved until around sophomore year of high school.

At home and in public outside of school, I was a bit less subdued. That said, I've never been the rowdy type. I've definitely made my fair share of smart aleck retorts, but I try to ignore people who bother me if I can.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
hahahahahahahaha....

this brings back memories.

I spent, like, 2 years in elementary school (around grade 2-3) during which I was always getting in trouble. I had my own private desk out in the hallway, lol.

Some of my most notable achievements from second grade include:
  • Pulling my pants down in the middle of class
  • Swearing straight to the teacher's face
  • Flipping over some other kid's desk so that all of its contents spilled out all over the floor
  • On garbage duty one day (punishment lol), I dumped an entire can of garbage all over the "big kids junglegym"
And just in general, I was always a disturbance in class, yelled loudly, never did homework, scribbled all over the chalkboard, etc. Despite all this, though, my teachers were always really calm, gave me help when I needed it, talked nicely, said good morning cheerfully, etc.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It really depends on how you look at it. I had a pretty bad temper as a kid, so I could yell and slam the door when I got angry, but at home that was really the extent of it. I'd fight with my oldest sister who had a similar bad temper, but my parents, especially my mom was really good at reasoning with me, calming me down and getting me out of my mood (which was annoying when all I wanted was to stay angry for a while longer, lol). I don't really see just having a temper as the same as being a bad kid, kids are generally more overwhelmed by their emotions than adults, so it's harder to keep it in check.

The more debatable part comes from my teen years. I was severely bullied from early on in school, and it sort of just built up over time, until I just finally properly exploded. I started acting out, walking out of class, cutting school whenever it got to be too much, I would yell at my teacher, my principal even - completely in public. As time went by I started getting in fights, I would lash out physically at anyone who attacked me, whether the attack was physically or verbally. I had serious anger issues, and even when I got away from that school and into environments that didn't include anyone from my past, I had a hard time letting go of that anger.

So, I don't originally see myself as a bad kid, but I kind of turned into one for a while. Sure, my behaviour had a clear source, and explanation, but doesn't most of the bad behaviour out there have that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom