• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Were the Zonai a race?

I heard this mentioned a few days ago elsewhere so I figured I'd ask the question here; were the Zonai a race of hyrule?

Faron doesn't have a race native to it in BotW but there are a lot of ruins, these ruin are more elaborate than most that are dotted around Hyrule. The Zonai ruins are all dragon themed and lead into the Spring of Courage, a very important landmark.

With the Gerudo native to the desert, the Gorons native to Death Mountain, the Rito native to Hebra and the Zora native to Lanayru, do you think that the Zonai may have been a race from the forest-covered Faron region?

If so, given the dragon motif on their ruins, what do you think they were like?

If they were a race would you like to see them in a future game?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The Zonai seem to really enjoy dragons, more specifically Farosh most likely. There are other animals depicted in the ruins as well such as a boar's head with a familiar head dress and birds. I remember reading somewhere, I think here, that these animals can be linked to the triforce thus implying the Zonai had some concept of the three virtues and the triforce. I believe they were most likely a Hylian offshoot that for whatever reason live in the forest as barbarians.

The barbarian armor mentioned a barbaric race that used to live in Faron, so I would lean toward the Zonai being that raxe. As to what they were/looked like, exactly, no clue, but presumably humanoid hence the armor. I'' in favor of BWWA's proposal of them possibly being connected to Hylians, though.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I am going to be upset if they show up in a future game and turn out to be another f%^&ing tribe of Hylians.

Zonai-ruins-ga.jpg

Never did fill in all the names on the map but i feel sure that's gotta be a troll name

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom