• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Were the live action Resident Evil films really that bad?

The live action Resident Evil films are weird.

Paul W. S. Anderson saw the original three movies as a trilogy 'before, during and after the games' which certainly works.

But then he kept making them because they kept making money.

By the end of the series there were retcons aplenty and fundamental problems with the canon.

The films were flashy, not scary, hilarious for the wrong reasons and... Fun, maybe?

Now that the dust has settled on the series, what did you think of the live action Resident Evil films?

Be honest, you're allowed to like them, even if it is ironically.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It depends how you go into them. The first one actually works as an alright B movie, and the second is a lot goofier, but if you've played RE3 it'll be fun enough.

Then they go downhill. Extinction is just flat out boring and not worth watching in any context, but the 4th, 5th, and especially the 6th are all incredible if you watch them with friends. God, watching the 6th one at the pictures with my mate was one of the funniest experiences I've ever had in my life. Howling. Howling with laughter the whole way through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom