• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Were Guardians formidable enough in BotW?

The Guardians in BotW are pretty scary things and are responsible for a fair few of my deaths.

Even though i can tank their hits and one shot them now I still don't like messing with them.

But what about you, did the Guardians strike fear into your heart?

Do you avoid fighting them?

Or did you think they were a joke.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
They definitely striked the proper tone of fear. Even now with my fully awakened Master Sword one mistep means a laser to the face. Repeatedly if I get stuck under it. When I first started the game I got lost in Hyrule Field searching for a star fragment (not knowing they disappear at sunrise so I just kept going and going) and ended up chased for several feet by one Guardian only to run smack into a second one that killed me. They were a really cool part of the world and they made for a number of thrilling battles and escapes throughout my adventure.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
as you play botw you learn optimal strategies for dealing with enemies and with no way to make sure they stay dead (I've looked EXTENSIVELY into this) they just become annoying more than anything

I think they were, especially early on, while you’re exploring. Also I think it was the Central Tower; kept getting targeted and shot while attempting to climb and activate.

Really, early in the game I think most enemies were formidable.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They were pretty adequate in the beginning but the problem with they way BoTW was is although most things are hard at first everything is easy when you have certain weapons and armour.

I still think that they should have had an industrial theme or dubstep so whenever you hear Skrillex you look around in panic expecting to be Lasered!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
In the beginning they are Terrorific foes for the simple fact their blasts could overwhelm you rather rapidly and break any shields the music was fraught and distressing when you encountered one and that was with the damaged ones, when you encounter the stalkers you realise that running really isn't the option. But when you've started gearing up and learnt how to parry and dodge Guardians lose their potency, they just become another nuisance like lynels (yes lynels are a nuisance), this is just due to them overusing the guardians EVERYWHERE so you get used to seeing them everywhere and you eventually learn the methods to cope with them (such as chopping off stalker legs for extra scrap).

Will say though despite becoming nothing more than a nuisance late game they are still formidable in large numbers (under the labrynth in north akkala, in hyrule castle) or when they are combined with other foes (such as when a stalker chases you into a talus or hinox or even bokoblins), that's mostly due to split focus though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom