• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Well, Excuuuuuuuuse Me, Princess!

H

HeroInTime

I dunno bout you guys but we used to religiously watch the Super Mario Bros. Super Show and of course every Friday was Zelda. I've always wished that they could have inserted a few of the lines used in the cartoon into a game. At some point, Link and Zelda should have had a talk / argument and Link ends up saying his famous line, Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess! to Zelda... in the game. Would have been funny and probably unexpected... do yo think this could ever work in a game to insert some humor / pay homage to the cartoon series or would it ruin the game? :cool:

[video=youtube;FPxY8lpYAUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM[/video]

I think the closest we will ever see are the Phillips CDi games that used cut scenes with animation reminiscent of the cartoon.

in my mind link is sweet and but yet he can save hyrule if they put that line in there i dont think the sweet link would stay in my mind :(

The cartoon really was it's own version of the Zelda world. It's kind of like how the X-Men movies are nothing like the actual comics. They're their own "universe".

Especially since there's never a mention of the Triforce of Courage in the Zelda cartoons! I guess that was all before they started developing the Zelda series more in later games.

I thin all.k it would be funny, but since we've come to expect Link being silent in the games, it just wouldn't fit at all.

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I honestly think that would be a terrible idea in the specific format you gave. Though I'm a firm believer in the silence of Link.

However I do think it could be done as an easter egg sort of way. I could see them putting it in by having two characters (one male, one female) talking when you press the action button next to them you listen in. The female could tell him off for something while the male (maybe Tingle) could reply with the "excuuse me princess" line, or some scenario to that end.

So yes I could see it put in a game but no I couldn't see link saying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom