• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weirdest Thing You've Ever Eaten!

Nicole

luke is my wife
The idea for this thread was inspired after some good friends of mine started patronizing me for my food choices. Apparently it's not cool to eat Doritos on macaroni and cheese or eat pizza with spaghetti and ranch dressing on top. I really like those. =(

Those two combinations are my most outlandish food choices. What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Was it a foreign delicacy you just couldn't stomach? Or was it a delectable concoction that everyone thinks you're crazy for eating? Tell me all about it.

Kybyrian

I don't really combine foods together much, but I'd like to try doritos in macaroni and cheese. I think it'd probably be good.

Apparently it's weird to eat noodles with chili. =( Looking at you, Canadian ZD users. Sometimes I'll put like fries in my mozzarella cheese sticks and then put them on my burgers, but that's probably the weirdest I've ever gotten.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I don't have any personally but my girlfriend eats chips (Thick-cut fries for all you americans) with chocolate sauce.

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
Doritos and macaroni and cheese sounds good....
I don't eat a lot of weird things, but my brother ate sweet potatoes (mashed--not fries) with KETCHUP. And salad with ketchup.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Weirdest things? I suppose foods one has a natural aversion to don't count, like fish or seafood in general for me. Anything that comes from the ocean and/or some freshwater sources just doesn't settle well with me. But I do have some peculiar delicacy in mind, one I bet no one else on ZD has tried. Fried cactus. No joke. If I remember correctly cooking it in a certain way will remove the needles and softens the, eh...texture. I can't recall the taste, but my reluctance to eat it really sticks out in my mind since it was so...weird.

Would this happen to be a common foodstuff elsewhere?

I eat salad without dressing, which is apparently weird. My friend once ate a raw, still beating fish heart for a dollar. And also a baked potato skin filled with a stick and a half of butter. I'm not sure which is more disgusting.

Byrne

Waterloo
langos.jpg
Many people think this is weird. t is a common Hungarian dish called lángos, and we usualy put sour cream with cheese on it. I love it :D!

Last edited:

Ghosi

Schmetterling
This might sound strange to forum members living in the US.

The only food that I thought was crazy and will probably will never eat again is PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES. Those things are disgusting. I took one bite and didn't really like it at all. It just looks very weird to me and is way too unappetizing. Please don't be offended if you like it.

So I guess you can consider me a weirdo for eating sandwiches made with a single bread(I cannot make a sandwich that contains two slices of bread, the American way, I'm sorry) with butter, sprinkled with lots of different spices. I guess what might seem weird is that I put sour cream in my soup sometimes. In my opinion, it tastes better and helps cool hot soup.

Byrne

Waterloo
Agreed. PB and J is discusting. :sick:

I myself also love soup. especialy Chicken's foot soup.

Well the only thing I've ever been commented on is when I drink skim milk with pizza, pasta, anything italian. As for skim milk, I'm not an animal rights activist, I simply just prefer the taste over 2%, 1%, or whole milk. When it comes to eating it with pizza/pasta, I make people wanna throw up lol. My father does it too so I guess I get it from him. It makes other people cringe though.

As for foods that I can just not stand are as follows...
-Pickels/Pickel Juice
-Ketchup
-Mayonaise/Miracle Whip
-Garlic
-Cheese
-Relish
-Olvies

Out of all of those what makes me gag is miracle whip/mayonase and ketchup. I actually have a funny story that goes along with my hatred for ketchup. My dad for some reason or another loves to put layer after layer of ketchup on his bologni and ham sandwhiches. Seeing him eat it is worse enough but one time I actualy mistook his sandwhich for mine. I took one big juicy bite out of it and literally threw up three times all over the carpet. I say my dad nearly choked from laughing so hard and my mom, I think, had three back to back strokes from seeing her carpet get dirty like that.

It was hilarious looking back at it now :)

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
Pizza with spaghetti and ranch sounds real good.....

Let's see

I've had a "hamburger mash" - ground up hamburger mixed with ketchup. mustard, pickle juice and pretzels
I have a tendency to get a few cheesy bean and rice burritos from taco bells and stuff them with curly fries from Arby's and dip them in ranch
Chocolate covered bacon
OOOH OOOH OOOH string cheese mixed with trail mix is really good too :D

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I've had a few interesting dishes during my visits to China. They can make almost everything in any given animal taste good. One of the common dishes that some people find weird is sliced pig tongue (oh gawd I love that stuff). I've also been to areas where they served us a whole pig head (from one of those HUGE pigs mind you), face still completely intact, covered with about a cm thick layer of spice (it's one of several areas in China where the spiciest stuff you'll find in America is considered mild). I've also had snake meat, a shot of rattlesnake blood, and I almost had the snake's gallbladder too but I wasn't so fond of the fact that it was soaked in alcohol so I let my grandfather take that. Ya, the gallbladder was more appealing to me than the alcohol.

I'll eat just about anything edible really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom