• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird Video Game Premises

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Video games are weird. We can all agree. It's a genre that celebrates sprinting hedgehogs, turtle-crushing plumbers, and the seemingly-immortal Mortal Kombat characters.
But what are some of the weirdest premises for video games you've seen? Just off-the-wall, bat**** crazy things that make no sense?
Example: Ecco the Dolphin, a game about a Dolphin who travels through time to stop aliens and find its pod.
Revolution X, a game where the world is led by a fascist government and the revolution is led by Aerosmith.
Your turn!

Video games are weird. We can all agree. It's a genre that celebrates sprinting hedgehogs, turtle-crushing plumbers, and the seemingly-immortal Mortal Kombat characters.
But what are some of the weirdest premises for video games you've seen? Just off-the-wall, bat**** crazy things that make no sense?
Example: Ecco the Dolphin, a game about a Dolphin who travels through time to stop aliens and find its pod.
Revolution X, a game where the world is led by a fascist government and the revolution is led by Aerosmith.
Your turn!

Is that what Ecco was about? Never knew that, but then i've never played it.

Sonic and Mario are both weird when you think about them. Kirby is weird too.

Sonic wins though. A mutant hedgehog running around at the speed of sound, busting robots to rescue little woodland creatures from a mad scientist.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The second game is literally called Ecco II: The Tides of Time, and the fourth is Ecco: Defender of the Future. The cancelled fifth game was supposed to be called Ecco: Sentinels of the Universe. Its a weird series.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Ecco the Dolphin, a game about a Dolphin who travels through time to stop aliens and find its pod.

Oh my god after years of playing that I never knew that was what it was about. Thank you lol.

Anyways I can't think of a particularly weird video game premise at the moment but pretty much the entire Mario universe is pretty weird. We have an Italian plumber consuming giant mushrooms in order to save a princess from a demonic turtle lord.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Death Dice Overdose.

Giant dice begin falling from the sky. You need to avoid being crushed but also medicate yourself to avoid death from a panic attack but with pills everywhere it is easy to overdose on them and of course when you everything gets rather trippy with the scenery coming alive as well as the dice.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Yo-Kai Watch is about a kid that doesn't completely freak out when a random Gachtapon machine that's ancient looking starts singing Feed Me Feed Me, proceeds to feed it and still not freak when a random ghost like character appears from the ball the popped open. Yeah....... but it has been a fun game so far, I am only 8 hours in.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Mr. Mosquito: You're a mosquito. You fly around a Japanese family's house sucking their blood.
ToeJam and Earl: Seriously. Just... WHAT???
Myst: You found a magical book that takes you to a desert island. nothing makese sense. just roll with it.

Seaman...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
whatever Rayman is....actually lets look at Rayman 3
You play as a limbless thing who has to take his dumb,toad-like friend to the doctors b/c he swallowed a black evil fly thing named Andre that wants to take over the world. And the reason he turned evil is b/c Rayman's hands were screwing around by themselves while Rayman was sleeping.

Last edited:

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
You're a young boy/girl.
Old guy asks you to travel the world by yourself to discover all the animals in the world.
These animals tend to fight the animals that you own yourself.
I think you guys get the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom