• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird TV...

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Being a guitarist, I can tell when they give the stereotypical "rocker" character a guitar, and they can't play guitar.

Much like what I pointed out with whisk(e)y, a lot of the guitars you see have the company logo covered up, but you can't hide a Fender Stratocaster from my observant eyes! Usually it's due to the fact that production companies cannot pay the fee these companies want to advertise their product in the work.

Thus, generic guitar brands galore! Or instantly recognizable and iconic guitars suspiciously have no company logos...

But, worse than that, I can tell that the actors are miming playing the guitar.

Some miming is hilariously bad, as many of them tend to think that simply sliding your hand up and down the neck in a weird phallic display is how guitar players actually play the instrument.
This but with cars. I can tell what the car is even if the logo is blanked out.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
The random knowledge that the cast have eg really niche show/food item and one of the main characters knows absolutely everything about that thing...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Doctors only having 1 main patient that they focus on then the patient has a rare illness, injury.....

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Of course Hollywood screws up firearms, but I've already discussed that elsewhere, let's talk about how Hollywood screws up elevators.

First off, elevator doors aren't bulletproof.

Every time you've seen a spy with clips and boxes in elevators "haxoring the boxor" is complete nonsense too, as subverting elevator security is easier than you might think, and the elevator industry is way behind the times when it comes to security. In the movie 3000 Miles to Graceland, the dude is hacking the elevator box and is clipping his alligator clips on a timing crystal and a capacitor on the elevator's emergency phone, and somehow he subverts the elevator security and causes the elevator to behave in a way that's outside of the norm, which is Independent Service Mode in a nutshell, which you just need a key for that.

Apparently in Die Hard 2, the access to the top of the elevator is never locked, because why would you want to bar access to the elevator controls that override even firefighter security, VIP access, and such you filthy animal? Of course, there's nothing in the elevator's hoistway that's dangerous, like the massive counterweight that weighs more than the elevator's cab and occupants!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom