• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird Things That Make No Sense in Zelda

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
How does Link get Ganondorf captured and sentenced to death? I mean, if the king didn't believe Zelda when she warned him why should he believe her when she's backed up by some random forest kid.

How does Link have Epona in MM? In OoT Link gets Epona when he's an adult but in MM that never happened.

How do all the locations keep moving? I can see the possibility of towns and castles being rebuilt elsewhere but I think it would be difficult to move a mountain or a desert.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
what about the kokiri not being allowed to leave in oot but in the end credits you see them in lon lon ranch

What about King Zora too? It takes him all day to move one body width to the right. Also, the hallways in Zora's Domain seem they may be a little bit narrow for him to get through.

D

Donahue

How do the Gerudos sustain a society despite having both a distrust (or dislike) for most (if not all) men, and only one man born every 100 years?

How come a wallet can hold up to 1000 green rupees, but it can only hold 200 blue rupees and 100 yellow rupees. What, do the rupees vary in size?

Actually, I just contributed to a technical (read: boring) conversation on that very subject in the "horrible ideas" thread in this forum. Thus far there's no way it makes sense in-universe unless rupees are magically able to transform into exact change.

Okay, you know what I don't get? The Goron. That one Goron who was in the giant lava rock Midna teleported to Zora's Domain. The Goron who remains in that rock until Link blows it up, by which time the rock and the Goron are underwater. The Goron who remains underwater for the remainder of the game. First of all, in Majora's Mask, Goron Link died instantly on falling in water, so how is this guy alive? I might buy that Gorons can hold their breath for a long time, but even then how on earth is he talking!?

For that matter, how can those tiny rafts in The Wind Waker hold up a Goron and that gi-normous pack? And where did Gorons get Hawaiian shirts?

You can argue that the Kokiri-can't-leave-the-forest rule was somehow relaxed or dissolved. But what I want to know is, why couldn't they leave when they were humanoid and Hyrule was more or less at peace and the worst thing that could happen until Ganondorf showed up was maybe stepping in horse poop at Lon Lon Ranch, but it was perfectly fine for them to be flying all over the place and spending most of their time out of the forest when not only were there monsters all over the Great Sea that used to be Hyrule, but the Kokiri had been transformed into flammable wooden forms?

Okay, picture this: You're just this random citizen in your anachronistic cowboy hat. There's this guy running around town who, as far as you know, kidnapped and maybe killed the princess, and he's got a sword and a bunch of other weapons on him. Your one way of getting away from this guy, who terrifies the living crap out of you, is being a much faster runner and bolting as soon as he gets near you. So one day he comes back with super-speed-boots and finally catches you. And your reaction is...to give him a tip about knocking items out of trees?

Speaking of LttP, what was the blacksmith pounding on all that time before you rescued his partner?

How does moving a conductor's baton in different directions produce different notes?

H

HowlingStone

As a reply to one of your questions. I have found it difficult to take Link seriously because he can put a giant metal ball with spikes and a chain into this little pouch he has on the back of his belt. I think that for some odd reason everyone has little magic pouches that shrink down objects to a tiny size to store them conveniently.
:) :triforce:

1) the hand in the toilet.... WHY NINTENDO!!!???
2) how the heck can Link carry 4 shields, 3 potion bottles, and 2 medallions but he can't carry the stinkin windmill propeller...
3) and where does he store all that stuff??? is his adventure pouch a magic carpet bag or something??

I think what confused me was how a hand could live in the toilet in MM. What did the body attached to the hand eat and drink?? Poop and pee? Thats all that goes down there except maybe Anjus cooking which is suppose to be really bad.... oh ok solved it thats how he lives, anjus cooking and pee

But its a game so things are suppose to make no sense :)

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Whenever you go up and talk to someone multipul times in zelda, they always say the same thing. It would be so weird for this to happen in real life. Wouldn't the person say different things every time? Maybe after the fifth time they might day something like "What the? Why do you keep talking to me fairy boy?" I think this got a little bit better in skyward sword with the dialogue exchange, but it was still really weird how the characters would always repeat their statements whenever you asked them.

T

thepeckingbird

Why in Minish cap Ezlo says he barely understands what the Minish are saying due to their dialect, yet once Link eats the jabber nut Ezlo talks to him as if he understood the Minish fine.

What was with the sad tree in MM? it was in the cave at the very beginning, it never mentions it throughout the entire game. but in the ending credits, it just zooms up on it for a while... Creepy

soo many things dont make sense. :p
i will never understand how Link can carry around so much stuff..

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
The Wind Waker is more of a fun, random game instead of a realistic game. It might have been a glitch or it was purposely programmed as an Easter Egg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom