• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird Things That Make No Sense in Zelda

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Like the article, there are some things that don't make sense.

A random thing that I figured out that makes no sense is the fact that when you hit the safe in Zunari's shop in WW at night time, wood chips fly out and it makes the noise as if you were hitting wood.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Ocarina of Time:

In the future, you are taught the Song of Storms that you supposedly played in the past, even though you've never learned/played it yet.

The first time you go to open Jabu-Jabu's mouth, you need a fish. If you leave and return, however, you don't need a fish to get sucked back in.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Ocarina of Time:

In the future, you are taught the Song of Storms that you supposedly played in the past, even though you've never learned/played it yet.

The first time you go to open Jabu-Jabu's mouth, you need a fish. If you leave and return, however, you don't need a fish to get sucked back in.
Predestination FTW!

Spoilers (Link's Awakening)

Something that never made sense to me was the ending of Link's Awakening. How is Link alive, but the rest of Koholint Island is gone? The almighty wind fish? I think not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
In Ocarina of Time, Zelda sent Link to the past and kept the Ocarina, how would he close the door to the Sacred Realm if young Zelda gave it to Link and Link to future Zelda.
HOW?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Something that never made sense to me was the ending of Link's Awakening. How is Link alive, but the rest of Koholint Island is gone? The almighty wind fish? I think not.

SPOILER WARNING:

Koholint Island was a collective dream between Link and the Wind fish -- it never really existed. ;) So the question should be: If the game's a dream, how did he enter a dream world? Dream in a dream is recursive and weird.

Last edited:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
ETA: Actually, in order to discuss the ending in great detail without spoiling others, I moved my thoughts to a new Link's Awakening thread here. Follow at your own spoiler risk. ;)

Last edited:
That was my thought too! Though my question is - has Link been in the ocean the entire time he's been dreaming? And if so, how did he not fall off the driftwood during that time and drown?

Well, I guess the most logical answer is that, in a dream, times passes much more slowly than in the real life. Have you seen that movie, Inception? ;)

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Please try to take into consideration that the ending to Link's Awakening is a rather subjective one; please try to avoid stating one's perception as an absolute.

In general, please try to warn people that you are posting major spoilers in advance, especially with a game that hasn't been played by a lot of people, such as LA.

I

Indridcold85

I understand that in LTTP that in the dark world ganon was transformed into a pig because he is a thief and he was greedy...but why is Link a freaking pink rabbit. Shouldn't he be a big woodlands looking man with a beard and a pipe?

In OoT, SEVEN YEARS HAVE PASSED!!! But when you call Saria with Saria's song, she acts NORMAL!! She's like "oh hey link come save me!" UM SORRY BUT was I wrong when I expected to hear WHERE HAVE YOU F***N BEEN?!?!?!? Makes Zero Sense.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
1.) How are you able to fish in lava in TP? (I'm serious; you can dip the Fishing Rod into lava and watch the "water" ripple.)
2.) How come Link doesn't turn into his Wolf Form upon entering the Twilight Realm when he does it every single time he enters the Twilight in Hyrule? (TP)
3.) The question everyone has been wondering--how did Link's clothes change with him as he slept 7 years in OoT? And how did he suddenly acquire earrings, gauntlets/gloves, and most importantly those PURE-WHITE TIGHTS?! o_O
4.) How does Navi/Tatl get a bubble when Link travels underwater?
5.) How does the Zora Tunic give Link the ability to breathe underwater? (Another one that everyone has been wondering...)
6.) Where in Hyrule does Link keep all of his stuff?! O_O

There's like hundreds I could think of but I think that this is sufficient for now. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom