• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[Weird, Embarrassing, Interesting] Phases You've Gone Through in Life

When I was in 6th grade, I used to scratch people. I thought it was highly amusing to watch people run away from me as I chased them down.

When I was getting out of high school, I got my ass handed to me and got knocked down from my high horse thinking that Community College was for losers and that I was going to be a loser because I didn't get accepted to any good universities despite my good grades. I'm glad that phase is over. I highly respect the hard working people who attend CCs and the professors that make it worthwhile and interesting after going there myself and then transferring to a university.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
When I woke up downstairs. So...I rolled off my bed, through a door and down the stairs....How did I like...turn and...wtf. Oh and I used to be a female Jeffree Star.
220px-Jeffree_Star.png

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
My edgy "ugh, everything is so bad, no one likes me bleh" phase. You can look through some of my posts on here, as well as old VMs on my page to see exactly how bad it was. It was pretty bad. Some of my blogs were even worse. I had this habit of trying to be the center of attention, or trying to act smarter than everyone else. Its funny how I now absolutely hate that attitude, even though its only been a year or so since I was acting like that.

I have relapses from time to time, but I'd like to think I've chilled out since then. A lot of different online events that happened sequentially really helped with that.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm living with the worst person ever voluntarily so I'm in a pretty bad phase right now.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've went through a ton of phases, but I'm not sure what really stands out as weird so I'll leave out the obvious ones like sport, drinking, being a rebel etc.

I went through a weird beanie phase a few years ago where I would exclusively wear beanies. I had like 10-15. I mean beanies can be cool now and again, when they're in style, or with certain clothes, but I got obsessed for a few months and my hair never saw the light of day. I mean I still wear beanies now and again, but only if it's super cold or if I want to be an edgy **** which comes around once every 2 weeks. Also colour coordination phase around the same time too, like I'd literally buy a pair of shoes to match my top. Ugh

This next phase isn't that big, but it just stands out as weird looking back. I got into this mindset back in school that I was an inventor so I decided to be an architect. I took all the classes, did the research, practiced like all the time for hours etc. I'm pretty creative and a decent artist when I try to be, but Jesus I'm not an architect. Here's me thinking I'm going to be designing football stadiums, golf clubs, giant skyscrapers when I literally had no idea what the hell it took to get to that position. Luckily enough a career's advisor in school set me straight and said I would be living like a bum for 10+ years before I got a steady salary.

I guess this one isn't that weird on a Zelda forum, but from around 12-13 I went through a pretty big Nintendo phase. The only thing I would care about was when the next Nintendo game was coming out. I'd buy every Nintendo magazine and most new releases. I remember, when Mario & Sonic Olympics came out and I'd spend hours in all the game shops searching for it because it was sold out. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a party game just because it had the Nintendo label on it. Stopped this phase when my friends convinced me to get a PS3 and then the infamous CoD phase.

I've had loads of phases, but I'm just not sure they're significant or weird enough to mention here. I've probably forget loads anyway.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
When I woke up downstairs. So...I rolled off my bed, through a door and down the stairs....How did I like...turn and...wtf. Oh and I used to be a female Jeffree Star.
220px-Jeffree_Star.png

Jeffree Star is actually incredibly successful today. He started his own cosmetics line and it's always sold out. I actually really love his look now - it's very elegant and beautiful.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Oi, I went through a phase just out of college when I had no responsibilities and some disposable income. I spent thousands of dollars on Magic: The Gathering. I got really into it and only truly realized how much money I was "wasting" when I got married and suddenly, the money no longer existed. It's not that I'd trade the phase and what came of it but I wouldn't have minded saving that money either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom