• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weekly Sunday Requests

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
so this is an idea I got from my dad. I would like to ask for prayer requests. This is a serious thread, but I don't find it enough to put in the MD section. Prayer requests are for everyone, even if you don't believe. These include personal problems, like sicknesses or crises. It can be specific or general. If it's too personal but you can't generalize it, PM me. It can also include family or someone you know. As I said in my Thanksgiving blog, I love everyone on this site. This is how I feel I can show that.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
hey, can you pray for my family's goat. Her name is Ötzi and almost 14 years old. Sadly with the start of the new year she has not been able to produce as much milk as she used to and doesn't want to run around in the fields that much, she seems overall depressed in the face too. Hopefully she will get better and it would mean the world to me if you prayed for our goat :)

Here's a prayer request: I would like you to pray for the queer people who are slowly being driven to their deaths by their peers and parents who attempt to justify their inhumane treatment under the guise of "unconditional love". This and the banishment of 'conversion therapy' which helps perpetuate the bull**** that being queer is unnatural, unhealthy, an illness, and any other adjectives that might somehow give the impression that it's wrong and there's a 'fix'.

Needs to be noted: http://np.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/2km6yt/is_this_considered_abuse/

That's Leelah Alcorn's post on Reddit ~2 months before she took her own life. She also wrote a suicide note which was posted on Tumblr (which got taken down). I created a mirror of the text itself on Github: https://gist.github.com/M108/4b8146b833d2998727d0

Last edited:

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I request a prayer for all the people in the world who go without access to food, clean water, shelter, and healthcare, and who are subjugated and denied freedom of thought, love, autonomy, and mobility - people who have had their potential to pursue happiness stolen from them because of illegitimate authorities who secure their own freedom by quashing that of others.

On second thought, no, I don't request a prayer. I request action.

Here's a prayer request: I would like you to pray for the queer people who are slowly being driven to their deaths by their peers and parents who attempt to justify their inhumane treatment under the guise of "unconditional love". This and the banishment of 'conversion therapy' which helps perpetuate the bull**** that being queer is unnatural, unhealthy, an illness, and any other adjectives that might somehow give the impression that it's wrong and there's a 'fix'.

Needs to be noted: http://np.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/2km6yt/is_this_considered_abuse/

That's Leelah Alcorn's post on Reddit ~2 months before she took her own life. She also wrote a suicide note which was posted on Tumblr (which got taken down). I created a mirror of the text itself on Github: https://gist.github.com/M108/4b8146b833d2998727d0

God that was heartbreaking to read. I didn't read the last part of your post until I read the Reddit thread, which made it even more of a stab in the heart. We have come a long way, but in the wake of these major social victories (several states and countries legalizing gay marriage for instance), we are still a long way away. How many more times do we have to read about this? How many more people have to suffer for who they are?

If you are one of those people inclined to pray (and I don't think praying and action have to be mutually exclusive), pray for healing and pray for all the kids who still have to live like Leelah subject to emotional torment for just being different. It's easy to hate the parents for this, but they are victims too, brainwashed by generations of dogma. Pray that maybe they will realize their mistakes one day and for them to be forgiven (hate breeds more hate, forgiveness paves the way to healing and maybe even change). But above all, like as said above, don't just pray. Act. Even if you personally disagree with someone's identity, treat them with respect and compassion for who they are and their path in life. If you believe in God, leave it to God to decide if it is right and wrong, and just love people for who they are no matter what that is.

How many more times do we have to read about this? How many more people have to suffer for who they are?

For some reason I'm inclined to think that this sort of thing eludes to what @Batman wrote. People are economically entrapped, and aren't given a way out. Had Leelah have financial independence, I think she wouldn't have ended her own life, but instead would have left her situation much sooner or 'disappeared' in attempts to find actual freedom. Her parents may or may not have been brainwashed, in fact they could have did what have done eyes wide open (knowing they were wrong), either way though their actions can't be justified, but at the same time I don't think prison/jail time will do anything to fix the underlying issues that you mentioned.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
SO it's that time of the week again! I've been praying for the above requests, and I'll gladly take more!

Please pray for the grey wolf. While the grey wolf population is still relatively thriving worldwide, local populations here in Michigan and other areas are quickly encroaching on the verge of extinction. This is a serious request; my heart goes out to all the wolves that are victims of human greed and ignorance. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom