• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Web Browsers

Which web browser do you prefer?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple Safari

• Internet Explorer

• Mozilla Firefox

• Opera

• Maxthon

• Other

• Total voters

Nicole

luke is my wife
Internet Explorer was the first browser I ever used when I was younger. My mom had it downloaded on her computer, so I would use that. Only recently, due to the constant pestering of several ZD users :right:, have I downloaded Chrome. I have to say, Chrome is so much faster than IE it's ridiculous. I use Chrome all the time now, and it's my default browser. My mother still goes into IE (because she doesn't know Chrome does the same thing IE does, but better), and I just squirm seeing how long it takes for IE to open up. Not to mention the fact that Chrome actually lets you see most of the screen. IE has the taskbar thing take up a good chunk of the screen. The one thing I do miss, though, is being able to add Favorites directly to the taskbar, but the speed I miss with the taskbar Favorites is easily made up for with Chrome's auto-finish. Plus, Chrome has built-in spellcheck. I simply love that, especially when posting. I'm a grammar buff, so spelling mistakes bother me a lot. But I really don't like opening Word just to use the Spellcheck feature.

I used a bit of Firefox, mostly on my friend's computers. It's alright, but I haven't used it enough to really judge. I haven't used Maxthon or Safari, but the Wii's and 3DS' browsers are actually powered by Opera, or so they say. I'm not sure if it's similar to the PC version.

Djinn

and Tonic
I have been using Chrome since I first heard of it.

In other news, apparently a recent survey has shown that IE users might be less intelligent than people who use other browsers.

In a study that is likely to incite controversy, AptiQuant, a Vancouver, British Columbia based Psychometric Consulting company has released a report that it says shows users of Microsoft Internet Explorer have lower Intelligence Quotient’s (IQs) than do users of other internet browsers. The company is basing its claims on scores online users received when taking the online Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (IV) test.
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-08-iq-tied-choice-internet-browser.html

Big Octo

=^)
Solid point Djinn. It just goes to show that you can never trust IE, even in the most updated form. Based off the studies and research explained by Mr. Djinn, the moral of the story is: Use Chrome!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I always used Firefox but at first when I got Windows 7 64 bit FF kept on crashing forcing me to stick with IE. But I am using Goggle Chrome now and only use FF occassionally. I like Chrome because it is fast and solid

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I, personally, would have to say that my preference differs between computers. Everybody says Chrome is fastest, so I use it on slower computers (I.E. My school computer). However, I like Safari's overall classy style and interface, and I notice no real speed difference from Chrome when I use it on my home computer. So I prefer Safari, but I revert to Chrome when Safari has speed issues.

Kazumi

chagy
I am currently using Google Chrome. In fact, I have been using Google Chrome since very shortly after it's open beta release, and I have quite liked it. Before that I was using Firefox. I enjoy it's more minimalist interface, in addition to it's speed. It's also more lightweight than Firefox or other browsers, which is very convenient when running lots of resource consuming applications. Finally I also like Chrome because of it's solid script API, which makes it easier to use and write extensions. It's excellent HTML5 support is great too.

However, I can't say that I'm 100% satisfied with Chrome. Namely because it lacks a 64 bit version. In fact, few browsers have actual supported 64 bit versions. Ironically IE is the only popular browser I can think of that has a 64 bit version. Firefox has a nightly 64 bit version, but of course that is obviously very unstable and isn't exactly what you want to use past testing. I'm hoping that Google and Mozilla provide better 64 bit support in the future. The fact that it's taken this long already is somewhat strange.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Once again, Internet Explorer is the one I've used for years. I'd become quite attached to it and was reluctant to give it up. It was a simple matter of not wanting to try out others because I was so used to where everything was located; I didn't want to take the time to reintroduce myself to finding certain features and committing that to memory. However, since ZD updated, IE started freezing or crashing on me, spamming my computer with error messages, and started giving me troubles on a more consistent basis. I looked at updating to IE9, but that wouldn't have been as convenient or quick at all.

Firefox is a lot like IE although quite a but faster and has spell-check. Yet after performing a quick trial run with it on a particular page I know takes awhile to load up, it didn't go nearly as fast as my current browser does. I tested it just now so that I'd unquestionably know of its efficiency and not mistake it in some off-way; sure enough it runs very similar to an outdated version that I have on a smaller laptop.

I've tried Safari as well, but my default browser does the same things it's capable of and runs much faster.

As you may have guessed, Google Chrome is my absolute favorite. It has everything I need: expedient loading time on pages and videos, stable functionality, lightweight interface, uncluttered taskbar, etc. A few options or features aren't that easy to access, but it takes only a second to find them. Adblock Plus for Chrome goes right into the plug-ins for swift advertisement exile. I can have about five tabs open and it still operates effectively. Its purpose is speed and convenience, which fits my preference because I like getting things done with as little hindrance as possible.

I just love google chrome. I just love how lightweight and fast it is. It makes Firefox look slow, which makes internet explorer look slow as a tortoise.

I currently use Google Chrome. Until recently, however, I was a major Firefox user. Unfortunately, after installing some custom features on the web browser, it significantly slowed and started to crash. Google Chrome has all the speed and efficiency I'd want and expect from a web browser. If Internet Explorer is a rotting turtle in a wheelchair, Google Chrome is a roadrunner with a turbo engine attached to it running on 4x4 gear. :xd:

Oh and God, why did that poll have to remind me of the horrible Chinese web browser named Maxthon?! That thing is pathetically slow and even opera on DSi runs faster. Don't even ask me why I tried that browser, I just happened to go on an expedition searching for web browsers and Maxthon happened to appear. At the very least, I was acquainted with the amazing CometBird.

Nicole said:
3DS' browsers are actually powered by Opera

Wii and DS are powered by Opera; I forget what it is for 3DS.

Nicole said:
he doesn't know Chrome does the same thing IE does, but better

LOL. My mother is just the same. :P Only recently has she started to recognize the existence of other web browsers.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Chrome is by far my favorite browser of all time.
in my life, I've used the following browsers: Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, Netscape, Flock, and Opera.
Now, the reason chrome is my favorite is because the interface is so smooth and just, amazing! it runs so quickly and efficiently, and never crashes. It has so much customization, and the additions of apps makes it even better! Chrome is the future, and it is just phenomenal. i mean, just great.

Now, second place for me is the old Netscape. Man so many good times with that browser! and so easy to use!
Third is probably Firefox, I mean its a classic and runs smoothly, but i just didn't like the customizable options or the smoothness of the browser.

and an honorable mention is Flock. Great browser, but sadlyits era has ended.

IE IS THE WORST

I use both Google Chrome and Firefox, though I'm more familiar with Firefox. See, my computer, Huey, I fear, would not get along with Chrome, so I use Firefox whenever I'm using him--which is most of the time. I've had a few issues here and there, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that websites nowadays are more complex than they used to be, so Huey doesn't like them. Other than that, Firefox is a perfect internet browser for Huey.

Now Chrome, I'll use whenever I'm using my mom's laptop. It's, like, only two years old, so it can handle a lot more than Huey can. My mom downloaded both Firefox and Chrome, and for some reason, she still uses Internet Explorer... xD But that works to my advantage, because I can customize Chrome to my pleasing. ;p Though, just because it's not my computer, I don't save my passwords and stuff.

Even though I don't use it as often as Firefox, I think I can agree with most people that Chrome is the better browser. Though, I haven't thoroughly explored Chrome, it's really convenient and fast.

I use Safari mostly, since everything that use a web browser in our home is an Apple product. We had a PC, and I used Chrome, and I loved it. It was so simple, and it was really fast. The interface was great, too.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I prefer Google Chrome, just because of its speed. Mozilla Firefox is second place, and supposedly its appearance speed time in the latest version is quicker than Chrome, but I still use Chrome because it is faster is almost everything else like JavaScript speed and Rendering speed. Chrome has a nice user interface too, which is what I think attracts many people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom