• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Web Browsers

Which web browser do you prefer?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple Safari

• Internet Explorer

• Mozilla Firefox

• Opera

• Maxthon

• Other

• Total voters

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I use firefox. It loads much faster than Internet Explorer, and allows me to use sites without having to constantly refresh or close the browser due to lag. Firefox is my preferred, but I have used IE and Chrome in the past.

M

Maxchaos12

Safari and firefox.I used to like chrome,but it glitched on me and now it wont load.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I've been using Firefox since the day I have internet (Jan 2004), back then it was still called Mozilla. I like it because it's quite fast, has many nice features like restoring recently closed windows and a huge number of plugins. ATM I'm using a version 8 64bit beta which is very fast and luckily has support for both Flash and Adblock Plus which is basically all I care for.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I have Chrome, IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari.
I have the most recent updates on each of these systems, and use each of them at least once a week.

I cannot comment on Maxthon or any other browser, though.

Internet Explorer sucks all around, it's slow and utterly horrible. It can do just about anything reasonably, but it tries to kill you with absurd wait times and random app activations in the process. And it crashes periodically, and when it does so it fills up so much of your computer with error reports, regardless of if you send them or not, that your entire machine is crippled until you power down.
5/5
Safari is much faster than IE, but it lags and crashes often, and has trouble with some processes on the internet.
4/5
Opera is a little slower than Safari, but it's much more stable.
3/5
Firefox is much faster than any of the others, if you use it sparingly. It has this thing affectionately called a "leak" (or something) in which it store data from every web page you've ever visited in the past week or so. Unless you have an insanely large RAM and a great processor, or you barely use it, it quickly slows down your entire computer in it's attempt to speed itself up. But, despite this HUGE flaw (which would put it in second to last place alone, in my book) it has killer apps.
2/5
Chrome is slightly slower than a fresh Firefox, but it keeps it's speed constant, so when Firefox drastically slows down not only itself but your computer, Google keeps running strong. It's still new and still has some things to figure out, but it's got most of the real bugs fixed and now just has to smooth out the rough edges. About a month ago this would have fallen to second place, but a good update recently not only fixed the crashing issue, but it also completely sped it up.
1/5

To anyone saying "I used to have..." or "a long time ago I tried..." I urge you to try them all (except IE *shudders*) and make a good decision based on accurate knowledge instead of a biased decision from very limited experience.

For now, with accurate knowledge of the five most popular, my vote definitely has to go to Chrome. It's better than any of the others (I wish I could steal Firefox apps for Chrome; maybe in the future).

S

Sin

Chrome, easily. Firefox lags on me and there's way too much clutter and not enough screen space.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I prefer Firefox. I've used Internet Explorer in the past and it was much too slow and would crash constantly. With Firefox though that rarely happens and when it does happen it tends to do it when I'm running too many things that take up a lot of speed on the browser. I love Firefox and I don't think that I'll be changing my preference anytime soon.

BigBig

Who needs a shield?
Chrome, but I really biased towards Google and the only other browsers I have tried are IE and Safari.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I have a Windows7 with Internet Explorer. I really don't see the big difference, IE may have some issues with scripts and errors but I still use it because, once again, I really don't see the difference.

Back when I had Vista I also used IE, it had errors but never too bad, maybe a couple of crashes, nothing more.

Big Octo

=^)
Chrome for sure! Firefox is also awesome, but I prefer Chrome. Safari and Internet Explorer are to dang slow, and Opera and Maxthon just plain suck.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I prefer Internet explorer most of the time. I've used it for all my time with computers. Although, sometimes I'll use google chrome or safari, which are also installed on my computer.

Internet Explorer was originally my sole internet browser. Now, I have up to five other browsers on my laptop. Aside from IE, there's also Google Chrome (which I'm using right now), Apple Safari, Opera, and Mozilla Firefox. I use them all, but Firefox has to be my favorite hands down, though I suddenly don't feel like going into detail... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom