• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wearing Glasses

Do you wear glasses, contacts or nothing.

• Glasses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Contact Lenses

• Nothing

• Total voters

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I ware glasses, when I was told that I was going to have to ware glasses I tried to refuse to. Obviously I ended up wearing them and I got over my initial whining. Eventually I actually came to like how my glasses look on me.
So who here wears glasses and how do you think they look on you, how do you think glasses look on others. If you don't ware glasses what do you think about them.

Also how much do your glasses actually help you see.

:cool:

Last edited:
I have glasses but I barely wear 'em due to staying around the house and reading a lot. plus the style doesn't seem to look good with my hearing aids.( I can hear, I had cancer[been in remission for about 6 years] and the chemo plus my stupidity[not regarding what the doctors had to say about listening to my music at a reasonable level]...)

Something that I hate to admit is the fact that I have minor exotropic strabismus (exotropia), a condition that in time can lead to permanent visual impairment if left untreated. For this very reason, I was given prescription lenses as a child to rectify said condition. But despite my ophthamologists' many orders, I arbitrarily stopped wearing my glasses sometime around my sixth grade year. And to this day, malgré a bit of nearsightedness, my eyesight is still intact. However, I might return to wearing glasses at some point in the future (although, any damage that my exotropia might have caused is irreparable).

Last edited by a moderator:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I wear glasses since I was 10, but my vision began to blur since I was 8. My parents didn't believe me but when they checked, well, I'm short sighted.
Since then, I wear my glasses often at school but I barely wear them at home. It's kinda useless wearing glasses in home but it is useful at school(and in public.).

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
My vision is more or less the same as it was at about age ten - 20/25 or thereabouts with my right eye being slightly better than my left... though I struggle with certain color combinations, especially the standard road sign with white text and a green background.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I wear glasses. The that of putting something on my eye with my finger scares me too much :(.

My glasses help me see things that are far away, so I can look at the clock from the couch and stuff like that.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I started wearing glasses occasionally when I was 13, but by the time I was 17-ish my eye sight had gotten bad enough that I needed to wear them all the time. I'm not too bothered with the actual glasses (except when they get dirty or all foggy from cold/heat, then they get a bit annoying - and my current pair has a scratch, but since the scratch doesn't impair my vision and it's rather costly to get new ones, I'm putting it off until it becomes more of a necessity), and I have friends who've only known me in my glasses-wearing days, and have said they think I look weird when I don't wear them. However, it does annoy me how bad my eye sight is without them. If I wasn't too freaked out by stuff getting near my eyes and how expencive it is, I'd consider operating them.

Kybyrian

I wear contacts. So much more attractive. There are precious few people that I can say legitimately look better in glasses than contacts. In fact, I don't think anyone truly does. It distracts from your eyes mainly, which is a big attractor. It draws more attention to your imperfections as a rule.

I wear glasses and contacts but glasses more often because it requires less effort to put them on :p

I wear both glasses and contacts.

I wear contacts throughout the week at school because I want to feel sexy sometimes. And I wear my glasses at home cause I look pretty awkward wearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom